This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 55 flopping quads

• snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)        
      Hero:
      $9,85
      SB:
      $9,14

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 5:heart: , 5:club:
      UTG calls $0,10, 4 folds, MP3 raises to $0,20, CO folds, Hero calls $0,20, SB calls $0,15, BB calls $0,10, UTG calls $0,10.

Flop: ($1,00) 5:spade: , 6:club: , 5:diamond: (5 players)
      SB bets $0,50, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,50.

Turn: ($2,00) Q:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $3,00, SB folds.

Final Pot: $6,00

I don't think a raise on the flop would've been good since he cant have much on this flop. But should I've continued to slowplay it on the turn to go for a raise on the river or was it ok to raise him here?
      Ofc I would like to play for a big pot, but I don't want him to fold without giving me any value either.
  • 5 replies
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      you had absolute nuts, nice hand! regarding to this I would surely called villain's turn bet. on river there are two possible ways - after bet I would take some time and pushed all in :D or raised a little.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      nh - you have to raise the turn because you want a big pot.
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Yeah I thought so too, ty.
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      big pot?

But SB already bet the turn and with raise we show that we are very strong-obviously villain folded! If you would have just called I think it's possible that pot would be bigger on the next betting round. In this case you have to give opponent chance to improve! No?
    • snowylee
      snowylee
      Bronze
      Well SB does show strength himself, betting into 4 people on the flop and then betting once more into 2 people on the turn, so the chance of him calling my raise is somewhat good I would say. And big pot, I would like to play for stacks here if possible :)