[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh 88

• foolboydesire
      this was an interesting hand for me.
      would it be better to donk on the flop? it seemed fine to check/call to me, because MP3 is very aggressive player and he almost always cbets.
      turn ? i chose aggressive action, protection/info bet
      river, nothing much i can do right?

Known players:

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,16, CO folds, BU calls $0,16, SB folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,50) 9:club: , 7:diamond: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,24, BU calls $0,24, Hero calls $0,24.

Turn: ($1,22) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,77, MP3 calls $0,77, BU calls $0,77.

River: ($3,53) 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU raises $3 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $6,53
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      likely c/f river is fine, since Bu is quite passive and I doubt he would shove there for value two pair hands, so I like your river c/f
      What I don´t like is to c/c flop, since MP3 would not bet there always his overcards and BU would call with worse hands and if you don´t hit your set then you can´t continue with the hand
    • veriz
      Hello foolboydesire,

Flop: Rather donk the flop then Check/Call it. With donking you at least protect from overcards, get value from draws and find out where you stand with your hand.

As played
      Turn: And doesn't make sense to donk it here. Basically if you donk you can't Bet/Call it anymore while most likely are beat and our equity ain't that great. Rather in multiway pot Check/Call it if you get correct implied odds.

As played
      River: Standard Check/Fold line.

Best regards.