This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl4 Sh 88

• foolboydesire
      foolboydesire
      Bronze
      this was an interesting hand for me.
      would it be better to donk on the flop? it seemed fine to check/call to me, because MP3 is very aggressive player and he almost always cbets.
      turn ? i chose aggressive action, protection/info bet
      river, nothing much i can do right?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $4,54
      MP3:
      $4,4
      BU:
      $4,17

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0,16, CO folds, BU calls $0,16, SB folds, Hero calls $0,12.

Flop: ($0,50) 9:club: , 7:diamond: , 4:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0,24, BU calls $0,24, Hero calls $0,24.

Turn: ($1,22) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0,77, MP3 calls $0,77, BU calls $0,77.

River: ($3,53) 6:heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU raises $3 (All-In), 2 folds.

Final Pot: $6,53
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      likely c/f river is fine, since Bu is quite passive and I doubt he would shove there for value two pair hands, so I like your river c/f
      What I don´t like is to c/c flop, since MP3 would not bet there always his overcards and BU would call with worse hands and if you don´t hit your set then you can´t continue with the hand
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Flop: Rather donk the flop then Check/Call it. With donking you at least protect from overcards, get value from draws and find out where you stand with your hand.

As played
      Turn: And doesn't make sense to donk it here. Basically if you donk you can't Bet/Call it anymore while most likely are beat and our equity ain't that great. Rather in multiway pot Check/Call it if you get correct implied odds.

As played
      River: Standard Check/Fold line.

Best regards.