This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH 67s multiway

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.98)
      Hero ($10)
      UTG ($14.08)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 7:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, BTN calls $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.10) 4:diamond: 5:heart: 6:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, UTG folds

TURN ($2.70) 4:diamond: 5:heart: 6:club: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($2.70) 4:diamond: 5:heart: 6:club: 4:heart: Q:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero folds

BTN wins $2.57

I decide to call here since I don't mind taking flops multiway even OOP with these hands. I flop top pair and an open ender.

I'm obviously not folding this flop after calling pre, but the preflop raiser doesnt C-bet and the button takes the lead. I feel he can have hands like 2 overcards etc but also hands like 44-JJ so decide to just call on the flop. I don't think I can make any better hands fold by raising and I'm not closing the action either.

Turn comes a 4 and I check again, now he checks it back which makes me think that he can have some kind of 2 overs combo, since I think he bets all overpairs here. He might be checking a full house for some kind of trap also.

River doesnt help me and puts out a scare card that can easily be in his range. Not sure if I can bluff catch here? Safer line is obviously just to fold.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Yep, I do like your play. Although myself I'd even consider betting it right on flop. :) We likely can protect from any kind of overcards and if we get raised we will know where we stand. Playing OOP will be hard to extract a lot value anyways and it's very likely that he ain't gonna pay us if we hit our straight.

Best regards.