UTG raises to $0.35, fold, BTN calls $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.10) 4:diamond: 5:heart: 6:club:

Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, UTG folds

TURN ($2.70) 4:diamond: 5:heart: 6:club: 4:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($2.70) 4:diamond: 5:heart: 6:club: 4:heart: Q:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero folds

BTN wins $2.57

I decide to call here since I don't mind taking flops multiway even OOP with these hands. I flop top pair and an open ender.

I'm obviously not folding this flop after calling pre, but the preflop raiser doesnt C-bet and the button takes the lead. I feel he can have hands like 2 overcards etc but also hands like 44-JJ so decide to just call on the flop. I don't think I can make any better hands fold by raising and I'm not closing the action either.

Turn comes a 4 and I check again, now he checks it back which makes me think that he can have some kind of 2 overs combo, since I think he bets all overpairs here. He might be checking a full house for some kind of trap also.

River doesnt help me and puts out a scare card that can easily be in his range. Not sure if I can bluff catch here? Safer line is obviously just to fold.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

Yep, I do like your play. Although myself I'd even consider betting it right on flop. :) We likely can protect from any kind of overcards and if we get raised we will know where we stand. Playing OOP will be hard to extract a lot value anyways and it's very likely that he ain't gonna pay us if we hit our straight.

Best regards.