pokerstars competition (cashgames )

• 16 replies
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi swissmoumout!

My personal recommendation: stay at Party Poker or move to Mansion or Titan Poker if you are looking for soft games. But at Stars the players are usually better than anywhere else.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      bleh after reading all those complaints about mansion being down etc, I'm not going anywhere near it X( and titan doesn't have rakeback...but thanks for the info!
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Have you considered Full tilt? 27% rb is not that bad...
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      yep, but unfortunately I already have an account, so I can't earn strategypoints... and there's also about 27% rakeback (through points) at stars, that's why I was asking

btw are the tourneys softer than at full tilt? Cause I like playing them occasionaly...
    • Gregorfelicijan
      Gregorfelicijan
      Bronze
      Is there rakeback at Poker Stars??
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Puschkin81
      Hi swissmoumout!

My personal recommendation: stay at Party Poker or move to Mansion or Titan Poker if you are looking for soft games. But at Stars the players are usually better than anywhere else.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
      wth?

Is there any prove about this? I always here about it, an, tbh, I don't think it's true. Maybe party seems softer or something, but with the whole ps.de-plague over there, I don't think it really is... Pokerstars has a lot of american donkeys too, and they obviously don't play at party so much anymore. I think stars is at least 10000x softer then interpoker, a british room. I watched sebra video's too, and I don't think there is any truth in the whole "party is softer then stars"-story.

Is there rakeback at Poker Stars??

yes, if you buy in for sunday million with fpp (or play a rakefree, soft, qualifier) and you unregister, you get 215 tournament dollars for 13500 points, which is about 62 points to the dollar. The rakeback is:

gold: 16% rakeback
      platinum: 19% rakeback
      supernova: 27% rakeback
      supernova elite: 40% rakeback
    • Gregorfelicijan
      Gregorfelicijan
      Bronze
      So if i get to the gold status i will get 16% rakeback?
      Yes or no
      Thank you and good luck at the tables.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gregorfelicijan
      So if i get to the gold status i will get 16% rakeback?
      Yes or no
      Thank you and good luck at the tables.
      Yes (but it's gold at PokerStars, not at PokerStrategy)

oh and btw are the games soft at all times at stars? cause it's really a pain finding good tables at party.. usually it's good only in the evenings (and even then, it's usually very soft only thursday-saturday for some reason ^^) ...the rest of the time it's full of TAG multi-tabling germans :rolleyes:
    • Gregorfelicijan
      Gregorfelicijan
      Bronze
      I am playing at Stars and Full tilt for some time now. I could say that cash games are more soft then at Party or Titan because there are less SSS players and more midle stack players who are very very losse. But i only play low limits games-for now ;) . And there are not many PS players which are very TAG and there are much more Americans...hehe (they always wont to se the flop) so contibeting is very sucesful.
      On the other side i found that sit&go are much more hard to win that at Party especialy 6,5 turbo level.
      Good luck ;)
    • Phovos666
      Phovos666
      Bronze
      Hi, I agree with Gregorfelicijan, I had played over a year in the party and when I reach bigger limit tables get busted :(
      Pokerstrategy made partypoker very challenging room with super tight-agressive players!!!
      Now I played in stars and I think the players are very loose.
      But I haven't reach big tables yet....

And I also agree about the s'n'g with roi at partypoker over 30%, at stars I couldn't reach a +15%
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I just moved my roll over to stars and started with a bit of SSS at NL25, (mainly to clear my bonus), but I've been called by some pretty awful hands already. I too was seriously expecting a bit harder competition than party but it doesn't seem to be too hard to find a few callers.

One thing I don't understand is why the ring games are limited to 9 players but the software is capable of 10. At full tilt i know the software is the limitation but at pokerstars it seems by design. That said it must be by design at full tilt too but still, 10 players would be nicer for SSS ;)

Also, my profile hasn't updated to include pokerstars as active on my homepage but I assume that the points will still be getting registered?

Sorry for the slight hijack/off topic-ness.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      @ ManniXXX: Doesn't matter, NL25 is terrible everywhere :D What I was most interested in knowing about was NL100 and above (mostly above, since I don't plan on stagnating at NL100 _too_ long)
      And I believe they're 9-player tables because that's how they are live (9+ dealer)
      And my profile was updated when I got my first points on Stars, should be the same for you
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i don't think NL100 on stars its harder then Nl100 on PartyPoker because on Party you have lot of PokerStrategy members

and i m almost sure that the hardest site its FullTilt a winning player at nl50 on stars had very hard times on Fulltilt .

you should give it a shoot if you don't like it you can always move back
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      I build my bankroll on stars shortstacking FR NL 100-400 on Stars. I have a time issue, because I am playing on all available tables. For this reason I am playing during the night, with mainly US audience. However, for the deep stack players there is no problem at all. Stars offers tons of games at any time, so there will be plenty of fish 24/7. Some additional software helps a lot.
      Stars also has the best software, imo. Especially, for multitabling. On top of that, there is a prime time (around 6-9 a.m GMT+1 on Sunday) when you can spot the most generous fishes in the world on any limits)

The problem with Stars is that you can`t mine it. But there is a thread in German DB forum, where you can find very solid samples for FR/SH NL100-600 that can help you to highlight most of the regulars.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      there is a prime time (around 6-9 a.m GMT+1 on Sunday) when you can spot the most generous fishes in the world on any limits)
      You just lost me there. No way I'm getting up at 6am on Sunday :D Friday nights on party are good enough :P
      Seriously, I might give it a try, but not anytime soon. With a big database and just simply paying attention to the players, it's actually very soft.
      But if my 20$ on stars turn into thousands though I'll probably play on both sites. seems realistic enough
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      yeah, 6am is kinda tough) there is a cool tool that scans pokerrooms for your buddies and alarm you when they are playing. definitely going to give it a try

But in general, during the weekend nights pahud pre-flop numbers are mostly green) last sunday`s morning I spot two guys (at one table) with around 80/60 on NL 400)