NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.35)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($9.57)
      UTG+1 ($11.86)
      CO ($9.59)
      Hero ($12.63)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: 9:heart:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.30, CO calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.25) 2:diamond: J:heart: K:club:

BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.25) 2:diamond: J:heart: K:club: Q:diamond:

BB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.25) 2:diamond: J:heart: K:club: Q:diamond: 6:spade:

BB checks, CO bets $1.10, Hero folds, BB folds

CO wins $1.19

Bet-fold turn for free showdown? I clearly leave myself in a crappy spot here.
  • 3 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      First I think if you're isoing here make it 5x so 0.50.

What are CO's stats? Aggressive, passive? I think you should bet the turn and hope for free showdown, but I'm in 2 minds about as played whether to call the river or not.

Depending on co's stats, they would probably bet K on flop or turn for value rather than checking behind, so you could possibly call river since more likely to have underpair/J. But safest option is to fold sure.

Waiting to see what veriz's thoughts are :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

With the mid-pair and even GS I'd try to Bet/Fold it on turn for free showdown. Might be even possible that some of them will pay us with Jx or even with GS.

But true, that you could even take a stab right on flop with your GS as nobody shows interest in the pot.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Meemawuk,

With the mid-pair and even GS I'd try to Bet/Fold it on turn for free showdown. Might be even possible that some of them will pay us with Jx or even with GS.

But true, that you could even take a stab right on flop with your GS as nobody shows interest in the pot.

Best regards.
      I prefer to check the flop to re-evaluate because If i bet the flop, I have to check the turn and I never get to showdown. Also if someone leads the turn, I can call IP and make it hard for them to bluff me with worse hands.

I should really be betting the turn though IP which I regret. Tough to call the river so fold is the only option.