Dealt to Hero 5:club: 6:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 4:diamond: 9:club: J:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

TURN ($1.95) 4:diamond: 9:club: J:club: 7:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($4.95) 4:diamond: 9:club: J:club: 7:diamond: 2:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $4.71, UTG+1 calls $4.71

BB is playing 46% vpip and I think he will come along often but somehow folds here which isnt perfect, but I dont mind taking a flop IP HU with this hand either.

I'm obviously not folding the flop in this spot after calling pre so i think its standard. I turn an open ender to go with my FD (though an 8 wouldnt be great) and I'm IP so again I dont mind just flatting here. I dont think he can fold to a river bet if he has an overpair or AJ or maybe even JJ/99/J9 and I make my hand.

I make my hand and decide to pot the river which is probably a bit big but He called anyway. Am I okay vs his range generally to call 2 streets. He is 29/21/4 with Cbet of 83% WTSD/W$SD 33/25
  • 3 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      I think you played this hand perfectly.

Imo no point raising flop or turn, you're getting perfect odds and implied odds to call both streets, esp with the added outs of oesd on the turn. If you raise you're just isolating against better hands and scaring out bluffs.

Maybe you could value bet thinner @ the river, but if he's a loose caller it's a pretty good time, since it's a pot sized river bet which should be fine here.

Just my opinion :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Meemawuk,

I might not Call it preflop for the reason that it will be hard to get him off the hand. And as well he seems to be CBetting a lot. We can't just play the hand profitable by just Calling at some spots we have to take stabs, but can we expect to have some fold equity if he goes to showdown that often + CBets that much?

But overall your play is fine, ain't mistake to bet it on river as well that big, although myself I would bet it ~$4.

Best regards.
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I forgot to mention his turn C-bet% was only 25%. I thought I would be able to take this hand away from him if he had missed the flop anyway since he wouldnt be betting the turn. This means that when he does bet the turn I know he has something and I should be able to make some money if I make my hand.

On thinking about it, my river sizing might have been what lead him to call. It's such an obvious card for me to bet, but he might think i'd make a more "valuey" bet rather than potting it.