Known players:     
      SB:
      $3.73
      UTG2:
      $5.63
      Hero:
      $4.46

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG2 calls $0.04, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, SB calls $0.18, BB folds, UTG2 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.64) J:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 2:spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, UTG2 bets $0.3, Hero calls $0.30, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.24) 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.59, Hero calls $0.59.

River: ($2.42) Q:spade: (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $2.3, Hero calls $2.30.

Final Pot: $7.02

On the flop I only called because the board is pretty dry, the donk bet looks like a weak attempt to steal the pot and I don't mind the SB who is playing almost every pot coming along. On the turn villain bets a lot faster and I probably should raise even though his line could easily be a set. On the river he instanly bets near potsize and I think I probably should have found a fold as I am beating nothing but a bluff.
  • 5 replies
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      I get caught in these spots too. Guys donk here and I think they have like 77-TT, random Jx or a flush draw. I usually would always flat though.

A turn raise should get free showdown almost always, making someone with a FD make a terrilble mistake by calling (because it would be hard for them to donk a flushcard on the river for value and you would be giving them terrible odds), and you might get called by a stubborn Jx.

Remember that raising the turn means you will always be folding to a 3-bet, and if you get called you will be checking behind on the river unless it is a King.

I presume he showed up with QJ based on his river pot bet?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello blitzcat,

As we see this kind of line which usually is bet small/bet small and then river is near pot size it's just sooo often a strong hand and this is why I would be more inclined to just fold the hand on river.

Best regards.
    • blitzcat
      blitzcat
      Bronze
      Thanks a lot

@Meemawuk

He had 44
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Turned set is Spew. I still think if you raise the turn he might flat and check to you on the river. And if he ships you fold. Based on how you size your raise, it might work out cheaper and it will always define his hand strength better. What does Veriz think of a turn Raise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Meemawuk
      Turned set is Spew. I still think if you raise the turn he might flat and check to you on the river. And if he ships you fold. Based on how you size your raise, it might work out cheaper and it will always define his hand strength better. What does Veriz think of a turn Raise?
      The problem with raise on turn is that we pretty much commit us and that's why I am not really a big fan. Usually if I do raise then practically I would play for the stacks.