questions

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      this may be a stupid question but it's something im not tooo clear about...

what hands can i call a raise with and/or reraise with preflop?

if there is a raise before me, what hands can i reraise with? (besides the obvious AA & KK)
      if there is a raise before me and 1 caller, what hands should i call or reraise with?
      if there is a raise before me and more than 1 caller what hands should i reraise with?

above i know i asked what hands i should call with... i know i can call20 with any mid-low pocket pair... but i take it these are the only hands i should be calling with - everything else i should raise or fold... unless in late position with suited connectors and there has been at least 1 limper...

i'm asking this because i find myself unsure when faced with a raise before me and i hold hands like QQ, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ etc. also because the SHC only explains what to do if one person raises and not if people call the raise etc.
  • 1 reply
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      this may be a stupid question but it's something im not tooo clear about...

what hands can i call a raise with and/or reraise with preflop?

if there is a raise before me, what hands can i reraise with? (besides the obvious AA & KK)
      if there is a raise before me and 1 caller, what hands should i call or reraise with?
      if there is a raise before me and more than 1 caller what hands should i reraise with?

DrDunne,

It's unfortunately very difficult to answer such a general question. Basically, you can call a raise (PFR) with lots of speculative hands and broadways, and pocket pairs, depending on position, villain's ability to play OOP, villain's range etc. You can call a 3bet with medium pocket pairs (not only for set value), certain broadways (some say its AQ+, but it stronly depends on players). You can potentially call a 3bet with suited connectors if your opponent is passive postflop etc.

All these things are stronly connected with the opponent.

Last thing- you should always make an attempt at playing the best possible line, therefore against certain opponents it's better to 4bet/call TT, against others its best to 4bet bluff, esp when your perceived range is weak etc.

Takes a lot of training to master all these things.

Cheers,
      Michal