Pokster? isn't it kinda illegal?

• Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      OK so i've been looking at sites on the iPoker network (it suddenly became the 2nd biggest online poker room ... how weird is that?!) and I come up on this little gem offered by Poker770:
      Illegal poker calculator much?

There's all these rules about what's allowed and what's not allowed along with a great big gray area but doesn't this tool fall into the "strictly prohibited" section? How a poker room within a network as developed as iPoker seems to be even offer this? I mean come on ... shouldn't this be prohibited? I'd be very grateful for additional information on this from pokerstrategy staff or even iPoker staff.
  • 6 replies
    • shehanshah
      shehanshah
      Bronze
      lol WTF!! ?( I think it shld be banned.
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      There is nothing wrong with this software , I mean there are tons of similar softwares floating on the net which are not prohibited. Maybe there is a mistake at list ?

I see no reason this should be banned.

Edit: Where did you watch that list ? I couldn't find.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      wow thats crazy, it tells you exactly what to do.

Ok the reccomendation thingy is really bad, it could maybe beat 2 or 5NL but maybe not, plus factor in peoples retardation and it's not like there's anything to worry about.

Still the odds calculator is very handy, plus you get this hand rank out of 169 thing that is quite good too - if you understand the game.

It should definitely be banned but I'll post some hands later tonight with me following it's recommendations and they're pretty funny
    • purple16
      purple16
      Bronze
      The textual recommendation is directly related to the Hand Strength. Clearly, the higher the starting hand rank is, the better chance you have to win the hand, and accordingly you'll get a better recommendation.

As you see, it explains how recommendations are shown. And it is just recommendation. You may either do that or not. Something like asking advice from somebody ?
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Looks like Holdem Indicator?
      I never used the software but anyway I don't think that many people will know what they're doing :D

Originally posted by bradomurder
      It should definitely be banned but I'll post some hands later tonight with me following it's recommendations and they're pretty funny
      Looking forward to it :D
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I play on another skin on the Ipoker network and it seem that they have an equivalent software, but tbh I haven't looked at it in details.

You have to think that different rooms have different rules. The rules are the same for everyone on the network, that's what make it fair.

Do you think you have an edge over that software or not? if not you might want to study a bit more or maybe use it :D . Otherwise , it is good for you that people will act quite predictably.

One last thing is most people play poker because they (think they) have an edge others and for the thrill of the luck aspect. by using a software that tells you what to do every time it would become somewhat boring I supposed.

Regards

Thazar