This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Studying Difficulties

• lfcday
      lfcday
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

bit of a long shot but I have a bit of a problem studying the articles in written format, the articles themselves are brilliant and there is a welth of information in the ones I have read (which is the majority) but no matter how many times I read things they just don't seem to stick in my Mind.

Now if I watch a video on the other hand things usually go in after watching it one or two times and they stick

...herein lies the problem...

I currently live at home with my mum who is a technophobe (think thats the right word) and refuses to move with the times and will not get broadband, the living at home is temporary until I find a place and can get it myself but in the meantime I am subject to mobile internet for which you pay an awful lot of money for relatively small data. This is fine for playing but as soon as I try to watch a video it runs slow and eats all my allowance!

Do you guys here offer a dvd of the guides at certain levels and topics or know of any decent ones on the market?

Thanks,
      Day
  • 3 replies
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      go to a library or smthin... not sure where you live... but internet isnt that hard to find. If you go to starbucks, mcdonalds or whatever you can get free wifi!
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      you using a donlge?
      Long shot, but if you have iphone/ipad you can watch some of the videos, for some reason others dont load due to no flash.. but some do.. (very strange)

Otherwise just go buy yourself a router/modem.. If your moving out buy internet for your household for a certain amount of time and then swap/cancel it when you move out..

Your mum would definetly agree to do it if you show her everything you can do.. I simply dont know how most people survive without internet, its nearly impossible.. If you think about what we use it for.

Teach her the ways.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Buy a modem and hide it under a lamp :s_biggrin: