$5.00
      SB:
      $3.03
      BB (Hero):
      $3.97

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 8.
      3 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.04) 9, 8, T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, SB calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.12) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.09, SB calls $0.09.

River: ($0.3) 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $3.82, SB calls $1.98.

Final Pot: $7.

Results follow:

SB shows a straight, jack high(7 J).
      Hero shows three of a kind, eights(6 8).

SB wins with a straight, jack high(7 J).

Villain was 57/2 after 194 hands so even if he wasn't SB, I knew his range would be pretty wide. I'd been keeping an eye on him all session and in every hand, he would only bet if he thought he had top pair or above, otherwise he would just call the first two streets and fold at showdown. Maybe betting the flop with bottom pair wasnt a great idea but when he just called, I assumed he was pretty weak. Maybe low pockets or a 9

When I hit my set on the turn, I was convinced I was way ahead and value bet, thinking that more often than not, he'd call it.

On the river, I was 100% sure I had him beat because he would only show any sort of aggression if he thought he had made the best hand on that street. My first thoughts were 2-pair or hitting a set with 44. I pushed with absolute confidence and was horrified to see he'd stitched me up right from the flop.

I don't know if there's any way I could have avoided this. Maybe playing a calling station with bottom pair isn't something I should do very often :f_mad:
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello w0rm24,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help to move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

On the river, I was 100% sure I had him beat because he would only show any sort of aggression if he thought he had made the best hand on that street. My first thoughts were 2-pair or hitting a set with 44. I pushed with absolute confidence and was horrified to see he'd stitched me up right from the flop.

If you were 100% sure then how could you loose? :D

But while it's a freeplay pot then I don't like your play at all! At the best I might consider Calling there but most often I am just Bet/Folding it. We don't beat much there. Better 8x are possible, straights possible and so on. They ain't turning their hand into such an aggression with just TP and never with bluff.

Best regards.
    • w0rm24
      w0rm24
      Bronze
      Yeah against anyone else I would have folded but I thought I had a good enough read on him seeing as up to this point, he would only bet big on the street where he made his hand (he would even show his cards after everyone else folded). Guess I just got outplayed :tongue: