Advice needed on a crashed bankroll

• aTraXioN
      aTraXioN
      Bronze
      Okay, about 2 monts ago I picked up my poker again because I was planning to go on vacation. Most of the times I use my poker winnings as my budget on vacation at least 2k.

So I deposited $150 dollars, the one thing i always do is shoot my luck at a 45 turbo sng and I won the tournament and earned 190.dollars.

after this i played allot 18man sng came.in the money at least one thirth of the time. I grinded.untill I had $1500 Knowing in my head I won' t go broke and was making an avarage of $55 in a hour

That my people was the worst mindset in my life at that time. I had lost my whole bankroll in just 3 days. I must say I just lost control I made the dumbest faults in my poker career just to force the big vacation.

So now I'm back to grinding again I don't have to work or go to college cause it's vacation time over here. I now have a blog so you can follow my progress and hopefully I can resist a next tilt.

So if you got some good advice for me let me know

Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi aTraXion

there is this great thread that you can have a look:

+++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++

also have a look in the psychology articles of PokerStrategy.com.

I also often find a lot of inspiration in some of the blogs and there are also a few interesting books on the subject.

Mindset is one of the most important skill in poker, so my advice is to work on it.

Finally always follow proper BRM and you wont go broke

regards

Thazar
    • aTraXioN
      aTraXioN
      Bronze
      Thazar OMG it happend again. Grinded until 900$ cashout 300 so i know i had at least enough buy ins.

Then my mood started to change took a shot at 60 dollar 5 man left on the bubble cracked my pocket aces with 45 wtf?

suddenly I snapped taking 2 other 60$ lost one before tHe final table bubble, second turn out to turn 6th with QQ

These were both 18 man sng, so I wasted 180, then switched to 30$ sng then got robbed untill right now left with 120$

Man lost like 10 of those in one session, what to do now?

I really need a manager or sort kinda person that beats the shit out of me.

Now i had an unplanned session of 8 hours lost 480$, Now i'm going to the gym to push al the negativity out me and later grab a beer and the cinemas,

I've the feeling i'm losing myself help.....
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      atraxion,
      It seems like you are a solid player, due to the fact that you've grinded up 2 pretty decent bankrolls. 1st of all, the most important thing is to stick to bankroll management, or set a stop loss, for a few reasons:

1. you will be less likely to tilt after bad beats, as you have numerous other BI's, and probably an edge, to get BI's back + more
      2. monetary swings wont be as great, and hopefully the psychological toll on you will be less
      3. but if you do tilt, you tilt away a small % of your roll
      4. stop losses will prevent you from playing too long while stuck and playing your C/D game

Realize that as long as you keep studying and learning, you will win $$$ in the long term. Finally, if there were no fish getting it in bad the majority of the time and sucking out a small amount, the prospect of making money in poker would be very grim.
    • aTraXioN
      aTraXioN
      Bronze
      Hey yougotfetled51,

I was playing with the stop and loss management, i figered out it was the max to lose 8 buy-ins per session equals 120$. unfortunally due to the shots i took i overestimated my investings and lost 4 time the max of buy ins.

I'm really considering buying a tilt app, that freezes all buy-in screen for sngs and tourneys. I tried one lately, but didnt programmed it proper. I think this is the best solution for me.at.the moment.
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Atraxion

I think Yougotfelted gave some solid advice there.

Did you read the links I advised above. If you have and want to work on your mindset further. I would recommend that you read books like "the Poker Mindset", "The Mental Game of Poker" and watch video series like "The Eightfold Path to Poker Enlightment"

;)

Thazar
    • Gunn56
      Gunn56
      Bronze
      just bought jarreds book and looking forward to it if i can conquer the mental game im all set . I will also look up those videos that the mod mentioned up above :)
    • hansbans
      hansbans
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aTraXioN
      So I deposited $150 dollars, the one thing i always do is shoot my luck at a 45 turbo sng and I won the tournament and earned 190.dollars.
      Is that a 45$ buyin you are talking about, or 45 players? If it is dollars, you desverved to go broke :) I talk from experience.. I've lost way too much due to bad BRM. BRM is the only way to win in the long run. If you ignore BRM, luck is all that can help you become succesful.

Just the fact that you complain about losing with your aces proves you've got the wrong mindset for poker and really need to work on it. Aces vs 45s is 80%-20%.. so you're going to lose it one out of five. It's really not uncommon at all.
    • michellecip
      michellecip
      Bronze
      Its 45 players.If it was a 45$ tourney,the prize would have been triple.
      Winning 190$ means that he played a 15$ tourney with 45 players.