[NL20-NL50] [HU] Hand #1

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I am kind of starting HU so I might have some basic stuff missing in my game.
      The 7 hands are against the same villain.

Villain was playing VPIP: 87% from BU, 89% from BB, min3B, 0% fold to 3B, over betting for no reasons, Ck bh 2 streets with TPGK and woke up on river with overbet, insta call or insta minR etc...

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($51.60)
      ($229)

Dealt to Hero T:diamond: 8:heart:

raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

FLOP ($3) 8:club: 4:heart: T:heart:

Hero bets $2, calls $2

TURN ($7) 8:club: 4:heart: T:heart: A:diamond:

Hero bets $6.70, calls $6.70

RIVER ($20.40) 8:club: 4:heart: T:heart: A:diamond: Q:club:

Hero bets $19.90, calls $19.90

This hand was pretty much at the end of the match, just betting very big for value
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dublimax,

Preflop: VPIP was 87% but what about PFR? If his PFR was rather tighter and smaller side then I wouldn't even advice to play the hand unless you have some kind of postflop plan.

As played
      Postflop: Why don't you let him CBet and then Check/Raise it? I'd actually let him CBet with his whole range while I do expect him to CBet and then Check/Raise against him. And as played on river I don't really see a lot worse hands Calling us there ever. A lot of better 2pairs possible, J9 completed and etc. I'd just Check/Fold the river.

Best regards.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      He wasn't limping at all so VPIP = PFR (btw this is HU table not HU on 6 max table)

Flop: I don't want to give him free card bc he is not necesseraly CBet even his good hands.

Even vs a guy a bit crazy you don't think I have a value bet on river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      He wasn't limping at all so VPIP = PFR (btw this is HU table not HU on 6 max table)

Flop: I don't want to give him free card bc he is not necesseraly CBet even his good hands.

Even vs a guy a bit crazy you don't think I have a value bet on river?
      What hands do you expect to get Called? Do you think he may Call you with Tx? And only reasonable hand which may be in his range is like A:x. Not many other hands would float there that far. And in those situations I'd rather skip the thin value or would make a block-bet.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Why not go for a c/c on the river?

I'd expect him to vbet all his Ax etc hands but we also get to bluffcatch ... and when we vbet this river so big, we'd rly hate getting shoved on.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Why not go for a c/c on the river?

I'd expect him to vbet all his Ax etc hands but we also get to bluffcatch ... and when we vbet this river so big, we'd rly hate getting shoved on.
      Yep, could be as well possible but what would you do if he decides to make it near pot?
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Still snap it off :f_biggrin:
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      C/C is def an option and I would like Staticmoth call even a pot bet on river.

I still think that this guy would call Ax on the river but yeah I like the C/C line bc he would value bet his Ax anyway knowing the guy
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Guys,

This is not a thin value bet but a misplay. If you want to stack with the hand on the flop against this opponent, CR would be great option. As played, river value doesn't make sense, the only weaker hand that potentially might call you is AJ, which I think he still 3bets often, so I basically don't see weaker hands that will call.

Cheers,
      Michal