($180)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: T:club:

raises to $2.50, Hero calls $2

FLOP ($5) J:heart: 7:heart: 6:club:

Hero checks, bets $3.50, Hero raises to $10, calls $6.50

TURN ($25) J:heart: 7:heart: 6:club: Q:spade:

Hero bets $10.50, raises to $167 (AI), Hero folds

wins $45.50

I couldn't pick too much reads on his preflop bet sizing, was going from 2bbto 5bb.
      I C/R that flop for value but once called I am not sure what to do. He would def call it with FD which would justify a turn bet. Once he shoves easy fold I think.
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dublimax,

Yep, I wouldn't change much in the play. Maybe I would do a bit bigger bet on turn ~$14 although that ain't a huge mistake. Just smaller one might easily just induce him to shove with even draws if he is aggressive enough.

Best regards.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Dublimax,

Yep, I wouldn't change much in the play. Maybe I would do a bit bigger bet on turn ~$14 although that ain't a huge mistake. Just smaller one might easily just induce him to shove with even draws if he is aggressive enough.

Best regards.
      veriz,

Would you raise flop for value? I dislike this raise very much. I don't think he's folding better Jx here- he might even re-raise, and if we raise 'for value', we probably have to call?

Cheers,
      Michal
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      As far it's a standard HU and we can expect the opponent to open ~55% range as far I saw the other hands and his stats were something like even 87% of PFR so opened a lot of hands. And against something like:

Board: J:heart: 7:heart: 6:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    27.40%  26.60%   0.81% { 22+, A2s+, K2s+, Q2s+, J3s+, T5s+, 95s+, 85s+, 75s+, 65s, A2o+, K4o+, Q6o+, J7o+, T7o+, 97o+, 87o }
      UTG+1  72.60%  71.79%   0.81% { JdTc }

I'd pick the Check/Raise line for the reason that he opens very wider range and I wouldn't do it with only TPs but even with draws and in long run it should be profitable. Plus he may as well flop equity in this kind of board with any kind of draws which will likely continue and might even put us on some kind of bluff depending on the table dynamics and may even 3bet us and do the 3bet as bluff. But true that I wouldn't do that like always but it's doable.

But true the only reason why I might adjust to it is the 5xBB raise preflop.

Watched a video of jk3a and wiltontilt where he picked against some aggressive player about the same line on 3JT dry board with TP(J9o).
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Sapheal,

My C/R here on the flop is for value indeed and I think I would have called a raise/shove bc the board is quite drawy.
      I agree with what veriz said in general.

Don't you think we have to protect here on this board? Why do you dislike the C/R? What woudl be your line here?
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Dublimax,

Well, overall, this is not that we can look at this hand as one hand. Normally, protection is not the most important aspect when it comes to TPWK hands.

However, the case here is that if you stack here like this, you will be able to stack against villains TPGK/TPTK in such spots. This is imo the case.

veriz,

Your calculation includes J3s, whereas J cannot be :heart: anymore, and cannot give FD. No one is going to stack with this hand, and ven call three bets very often (still, you are often going for valuetowning yourself with TPWK hands). You also include a lot of FD and those will be played very differently. Moreover, many oesds will be played slowly/safe and many bare/naked FD the same way. In that case you'd be against 4bet range in very bad shape.

Guys,

As noted, I don't like this line because we're isolating against hands with much equity or just valuetowning ourselves, and stack against many players with those + sets + TPGK/TPTK only. Verify FD/sets/TPGK+/OESD +two pairs etc. stacking range if we raise. If we raise for value, we call a re-raise.

Note what hands are stacking with us and some that are just going for a call w/ much equity. Not every bare OESD or FD is going to play for stacks that happy.

Cheers,
      Michal