Dealt to Hero A:diamond: J:spade:

Hero raises to $1.50, raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $6.50, calls $4

FLOP ($13) 5:spade: 5:diamond: J:club:

bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($25) 5:spade: 5:diamond: J:club: 7:heart:

bets $10, Hero calls $10

RIVER ($45) 5:spade: 5:diamond: J:club: 7:heart: 7:diamond:

bets $0.50, Hero raises to $11, folds

This one just so that you get to feel a little bit the kind of player he was.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      Hello Dublimax,

Not much I would change in the play. I would very likely have played the same way. I don't think that he has there FH anyways while doesn't even bet for value. Although we can still get called no river maybe even by Jx or worse PPs never know therefore I'd consider raising as well.

Best regards.
    • sapheal

First thing - depends what this minraise means. If this is strong one, I'd call and evaluate the flop. Otherwise, re-raise is okay vs a player who would ship AQ+ and call w/QJ.

Was going to say - bet bet bet. This is normal line: bet turn higher (for sure) for value and river higher but ca. 60% pot vs 27 wtsd.

His calling range doesnt include too many Ax (he most likely stacks with stronger Ax and doesn't call with AT-), and lower pocket pairs {22-TT}, but reg wouldnt call w/22-66 too often and would stack with 99+(or TT only), therefore not too many pp in his calling range. Therefore, maybe playing for float value might be the best way to play hand here.

Still, to be nearly sure that you played the hand the best possible way, you need to provide information about the villain.

• Dublimax
      Hey Sapheal,

Here are some villain description, very hard to pick up tells as he was kind of doing random stuff:

Villain was playing VPIP: 87% from BU, 89% from BB, min3B, 0% fold to 3B, over betting for no reasons, Ck bh 2 streets with TPGK and woke up on river with overbet, insta call or insta minR etc...

btw I am OOP in this hand