FLOP ($7) 4:heart: 4:spade: 2:heart:

bets $6, Hero calls $6

TURN ($19) 4:heart: 4:spade: 2:heart: 2:club:

bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

RIVER ($36) 4:heart: 4:spade: 2:heart: 2:club: 8:club:

bets $37.40 (AI), Hero folds

wins $35.50

I think I should 4B for value preflop.
      he donks quite big which would indicated stregth I think, so fold on flop is the best options imo.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dublimax,

Nope, it's not always a must to 4bet it here. Depends really on the opponents 3bet and your play is perfectly fine. But just Sad that he ships like that the river, we very likely beat. :(

Best regards.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Guys,

The problem I see here is that if you stack pre w/99+, then he puts you on {33,55,66,77,88}, which is not a strong range and could potentially make you fold these hands, making such a play with wider range (T suckbet, R ship) very good (lets discuss it).

But this is more than 3 times levelling for these stakes. I think folding here fast might be the best option, but would like to listen to more verbose analysis.

Question to think about : How would villain play AT, KQ, KJ, QJ, JT here?
      And the question for advanced: How should a regular play these hands on random?

Cheers,
      Michal
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How would villain play AT, KQ, KJ, QJ, JT here?

Depends really on the villain. Standard villain who does have more conservative 3bet range doesn't 2nd barrel it without having some made hand. But otherwise some aggressive opponent may easily 2nd barrel it and this means he will ship the river as well, including all the 3bet broadways range and as well a lot of PPs including even smaller ones which he may do for value to get Called by Ax. That's why table dynamics and stats are very important in HU. :)

How should a regular play these hands on random?

Almost the same as I described above. :D Some straight forward player would just Check/Fold the turn while it's 3bet pot and we very likely have some stronger range if we Call on flop or either way have small part of floating range. Once again depends on your image, calls of his 3bets, 4bets and etc.

Of course the easiest way to play the hand would be to fold it on flop if he knew that he is capable of 2nd-3rd barreling a lot to avoid exactly those spots. Or either way float the flop if he has some kind of weak 2nd barrel value. Or has some weak WTSD which we might easily even take advanced off and maybe even raise at some spots and turn our hand into bluff, even on flop since we could easily do that with several PPs this way as well.