[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KQo

• Beseventh
      His call open is so small so very often he has PP. So 2 barrels, and on river should I bet also?

Hero (UTG) (€21.21)
      CO (€25.75)
      BTN (€21.80)
      SB (€55.45)
      BB (€20.30)

Pre-Flop: (€0.30, 5 players) Hero is UTG K:diamond: Q:club:
      Hero raises to €0.70, CO calls €0.70, 3 folds

Flop: K:club: A:diamond: 7:heart: (€1.70, 2 players)
      Hero bets €1.20, CO calls €1.20

Turn: J:spade: (€4.10, 2 players)
      Hero bets €2.40, CO calls €2.40

River: 9:heart: (€8.90, 2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Final Pot: €8.90
      Hero shows a pair of KingsK:diamond: Q:club: CO shows a pair of AcesA:spade: 10:spade:
  • 2 replies
    • matovicmilos
      I think vs a UTG raise his calling range must include strong aces, some kq maybe kj suited, PP and some suited conectors. Not sure about open call stat but in this case i think u should check call turn because u got sd value and u think he might be floating.

He is not gonna call another bet with 55, 66 or tt even so no point turning ur hand to bluff. And if he decides to bluff turn he will probably check back on river because he can put you on ace or king there and u raised utg so it must be decent hand.

Ofc if he bets river again he has strong ace atleast, and u have easy fold.
      I dont think as played that 3rd barrel would get him off his ace.
    • veriz
      Hello Beseventh,

Nah, 9% ain't small and either his gap between VPIP/PFR ain't that small either. So therefore he may easily even play some Ax hands this way. That's the reason why I would very likely consider Check/Fold the turn.

And nope, no point to bet the river anymore, don't think that he is folding his Ax hand there ever and most of the other hands we already beat.

Best regards.