Hello from Malta!

• Skidmonk
      Skidmonk
      Bronze
      Hello Pokerworld!

Just passed the test, great idea you guys have here. Apart from the obvious 50 dollar starting capital the site is jam-packed with very useful information and strategies.

Big up to all of you for the time and dedication.. Much appreciated!

:f_biggrin:
  • 14 replies
    • DuDaa
      DuDaa
      Silver
      Welcom! ;)
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Hiya Skidmonk

Glad you decided to join the community heres a few things you should know about PokerStrategy.com

FAQ - Helpful Tips and Frequently Asked Questions

Hope you have some good fun and learn a lot

Best Regards

Matt
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Skidmonk,

Fantastic that you are loving the site, there really is some great info for beginners, tyvm to RubyWesson who gave you the helpful FAQ guide.

Which site are you going to be playing at? Decided what games? Why did you choose poker as your new hobby?
    • Skidmonk
      Skidmonk
      Bronze
      Thanks guys! cheers ruby for the FAQs :)

I've been playing for the last couple of years, more live than online. Maybe started concentrating on online more the last year or so, I don't consider poker to be just a hobby like I did before but also a source of income, the plan is to make it a full time job in the near future.

I'll be playing at everest with the starting capital since I had already opened accounts on the other sites. I mainly play sng tournaments, for which you have some really good stuff about too.

I'll keep ya posted with (hopefully) positive updates! :f_biggrin:
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Hi skid, I'm Maltese as well. and a sng player. Sent you a friend request :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Skidmonk,

Big welcome to our community!

I've lived in Malta for 5 years. Rented a 3 story townhouse with a beautiful garden in Sliema, main road where the hospital is :) :heart: :heart: :heart:

Hope you enjoy your stay with us and give us a shout if you need any help
      Ingrid
    • Skidmonk
      Skidmonk
      Bronze
      Hi matel, cheers for the add! we maltese are everywhere aren't we? :)

That's cool Ingrid, did you enjoy it here? It's too bloody hot at the moment it's driving everyone nuts! I live in Marsaskala down south, you must know the place, especially if you lived here 5 years.

Ermm I need some help guys.. this is gonna sound stupid I know but I downloaded the everest.net (play money) software through the link this site provided without realizing at the time.. Now I've tried downloading everest.com, I've put in the same logins as I have on .net but it won't let me access. Have I just buggered up my 50$?? Is there anyway this problem can be fixed? :f_cry:

Any help would be much appreciated..

Cheers!
    • Skidmonk
      Skidmonk
      Bronze
      OK.. totally ignore what I just said guys.. I've solved it, it does help remembering your correct logins before posting lol

uppss hihi
    • Galador82
      Galador82
      Silver
      Hey there,

I am Maltese too - living in Sliema at the moment but will be moving to Ibragg (Swieqi) in the next year or so since I bought a house there.

I play mostly cash games both live (house games mostly) and online (on Stars).

Nice to meet some Maltese fellows here on PS :)
    • Skidmonk
      Skidmonk
      Bronze
      Hey fellow countryman how's it going?

That's nice man goodluck with your new house! :) I've been thinking of moving over that way myself, as you well know, traffic down the south of the island is a nightmare and it feels like an apollo mission everyday just to get to work! ?(

What are your views about PokerStars? I'm a bit skeptical myself, a friend of mine used to play there and the amount of bad beats he was gettin was unreal! So I was kinda put off to be honest.. I've always played on Full Tilt, hoping they'll re-open it sooner than later..
    • Bidillu
      Bidillu
      Bronze
      Yet another Islander piping in. Sweltering hot at the moment. Thank heavens for playing online poker in my underwear. And no, I'm not sending photos :)
    • Galador82
      Galador82
      Silver
      Originally posted by Skidmonk
      What are your views about PokerStars? I'm a bit skeptical myself, a friend of mine used to play there and the amount of bad beats he was gettin was unreal! So I was kinda put off to be honest.. I've always played on Full Tilt, hoping they'll re-open it sooner than later..
      I tried FT, PartyPoker and WH and never really found myself at home until I tried Stars earlier this year and really liked it there. I crushed NL2 and NL5 and am now happily grinding away at NL10. Had the BR to move up to NL25 but decided to withdraw most of my Stars BR following Black Friday events leaving just enough funds to play comfortably at NL10, where I have a good player database info and comfortably ship profits each month.

I love Stars and although you have to keep an eye for the regs, there is a constant influx of profitable fish that offsets any bad beats you may get. I also like their VIP program and how you can reasonably easily turn accumulated FPPs into cash by playing the various satellites, placing and unregistering and then trading the T$ into cash :)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Nice! Ma kontx naf kemm hawn Maltin hawn gew :D - I didn't know so many Maltese were in here.

My favourite room was always full tilt. I hope they come back soooon. And I live in Bugibba.

$h*t, temperature at the moment is 35 degrees c!! (that's 95 fahrenheit!) and it's only 10am :f_eek:
    • bringmecards
      bringmecards
      Bronze
      best of luck at the tables and welcome