SSS folding premium hands?

• Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      Is there situation where you should fold your hand even though SSS starting hand chart says you should push?

I mean, i know that with SSS you cant lose much, so that is that edge that allows you to push with AA-JJ & AK.... but still...

Today i had interesting hand...

NL .25/.50
      UTG with KK

I raise - 2$
      2 MP players call
      button raise - 8....

Well, at that point, i was sure somebody has aces..., but with KK i would push even with big stack (100bb) so I pushed now... 2 callers folded, and button showed AA...

so I lost... np...

Later I was wondering what should i do if I had QQ? or even JJ?...

I mean, when you get 2 callers and raise after you, wouldnt you "know" your jacks aint good? Should you fold sucha hand? Or pot odds are simply too good to fold?

your thoughts?
  • 10 replies
    • Wildknight
      Wildknight
      Bronze
      man those situations suck.... because 2 people called the SSS says that because of the pot odds you have to push because you are getting good odds... but i must say... internet poker is such a hugh scam and no one can say different... at least full tilt poker is because you see so many hands that are AA vs KK, QQ vs AA , AA vs AK, etc..... the reason is to create a bigger rake ofcurse but you never see that situation occure so many times in real life...
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      hahaha wildknight.

You realy think FTP would fit in with gambling legislations by fixing hands?
    • jakes82
      jakes82
      Bronze
      Have you given any thought to the fact that maybe the reason you see these hands so often is due to the sheer number of hands you play per hour online compared to live. Its not like you never see these hands in live games, as a matter a fact, you'll see them at least 5-6 times in a 8 hour session.

You have to factor in the fact that live, you are lucky to play 30-40 hands an hour, whereas online you play about 80-100 /hour/table. Figure 4 tables for 8 hours = 2500 (approx.) hands a session as opposed to maybe 200 - 400 ...you can see why so much crazy stuff "appears" to happen way more often. I'm sure if you check your pokertracker stats, you'll invariably see that after a decent sample of hands, everything wins almost exactly as often as it should.
    • Bojan1983
      Bojan1983
      Bronze
      Dont go offtopic, please...
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wildknight
      man those situations suck.... because 2 people called the SSS says that because of the pot odds you have to push because you are getting good odds... but i must say... internet poker is such a hugh scam and no one can say different... at least full tilt poker is because you see so many hands that are AA vs KK, QQ vs AA , AA vs AK, etc..... the reason is to create a bigger rake ofcurse but you never see that situation occure so many times in real life...
      Yeah! How come I never see AA vs 23o or AK vs 72s???!! ITS ALL RIGGED I TELL YOU :o
    • chuckdeg
      chuckdeg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jakes82
      Have you given any thought to the fact that maybe the reason you see these hands so often is due to the sheer number of hands you play per hour online compared to live. Its not like you never see these hands in live games, as a matter a fact, you'll see them at least 5-6 times in a 8 hour session.

You have to factor in the fact that live, you are lucky to play 30-40 hands an hour, whereas online you play about 80-100 /hour/table. Figure 4 tables for 8 hours = 2500 (approx.) hands a session as opposed to maybe 200 - 400 ...you can see why so much crazy stuff "appears" to happen way more often. I'm sure if you check your pokertracker stats, you'll invariably see that after a decent sample of hands, everything wins almost exactly as often as it should.
      you're totally right. people always complain PS or FTP or PP is rigged. But they don't realize how many hands they play...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      1st post:

you can`t fold JJ+ AK in this spot, since the pot it too big and money from MP players are very much likely dead.

Not to mention, that he is in position and after 2 coldcallers can throw a reraise with wider range.
    • mungavin
      mungavin
      Bronze
      Omg

U come across as having a serious case of paranoia.

U must have had several bad beats (in ur head) cause when you get AA or KK your thought pattern is" i cant lose with this hand".
      Or thats what it sounds like to me.

Ask yourself next time u get AA or KK what u really believe is going to happen, do u believe at that point ur going to win the hand and if so feel "cheated" if you lose?

Just a few thoughts into our pattern of thinking.
    • h8core
      h8core
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wildknight
      Fold AA preflop, obv.
    • LickyRude
      LickyRude
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Bojan1983
      Is there situation where you should fold your hand even though SSS starting hand chart says you should push?

I mean, i know that with SSS you cant lose much, so that is that edge that allows you to push with AA-JJ & AK.... but still...

Today i had interesting hand...

NL .25/.50
      UTG with KK

I raise - 2$
      2 MP players call
      button raise - 8....

Well, at that point, i was sure somebody has aces..., but with KK i would push even with big stack (100bb) so I pushed now... 2 callers folded, and button showed AA...

so I lost... np...

Later I was wondering what should i do if I had QQ? or even JJ?...

I mean, when you get 2 callers and raise after you, wouldnt you "know" your jacks aint good? Should you fold sucha hand? Or pot odds are simply too good to fold?

your thoughts?
      What? His range of hands is huge, there is no way you can fold KK, You have to call with QQ, JJ, 1010 aswell.