Animis Opibusque Parati - [ Start: NL4 SH ]

• nathanrenard
      So after a short break from the poker world. I'm back, feeling stronger and mature, it is that time again, for another blog. For those who are not familiar with my username (probably all of you) a little background story.

I am Jô Aimbiré, but you can simply call me 'aimbire', as that is how you'll find me at most poker sites. Feel free to call me nathan or renard aswell. (Girls, Jô is fine [ :) ]).

About Me
      I'm a 24 year-old Quality Assurance professional and i live at a little island, that in fact is the capital of my state here in Brazil called 'Florianópolis', well known worldwide for having a lot of natural beauties it is also knows for being one of the worst towns when it comes to mobility (actually 1st in the Country).

This is Florianópolis saw from the sky:

This is the crappy ass traffic you see reguraly:

But i can't complain, i'm a regular on my bike, and i try to use my car only on weekends at night (that's only 'cause cabs here are a joke, u'll never find one, and when u do well, they have pretty abusive prices)

On Poker
      Registred on PokerStrategy on '09 after busting a free capital on PokerStars, i thought the game was fun and decided to have a go. As most of the stories around here, i did go busto on my first $50, but ended up depositing my own money to keep playing.

As recent events i've lost my roll on FTP and found high hopes on "First Aid". So i gained a $100 deposit on and i'll be rebuilding myself from there. And this blog will keep track of how we're going on it. I got a roll on PokerStars aswell, but this blog won't keep track of that progress. (Separate bankrolls are fine for me).

Short-Term Goals
      * Sustain myself on SH NL4 NLHE.
      * Watch 3-4 videos of SH micro-stakes play.
      * Record every single session of play to review the tricky spots and post them on the forums for members evaluation.

So far that shall be it. Don't want to set any higher goals 'cause it's going to be my very first time at PartyPoker. I'm very confident on my game and my mind is very focused on this. (Special thanks to vonki for this tbh.)

Any tips, regarding approach or even the Party software are welcome. I hope i can keep this blog up-to-date with at least twice a week posts.
  • 2 replies
    • vonki
      Yeeey, glad to see you back again!

I've missed having you around! :D

Will follow with interest, and always, just holla on skype if you need a hand reviewd or something :)

• nathanrenard
      I was around all the time, but haven't got time to do anything with my poker life, sick semester, at least i got a different job, and not much else to do for graduation! And yet... i still owe you a drink! :f_biggrin:

Btw, i also keep track of your blog, just wasn't posting. Ninja Style!