$15.11
      CO:
      $13.90
      BU (Hero):
      $10.79
      SB:
      $10.55

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.20, 2 folds, MP3 calls $0.90, CO folds.

Flop: ($2.85) A, 4, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $1.75, MP3 calls $1.75.

Turn: ($6.35) A (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $3.00, MP3 calls $3.00.

River: ($12.35) 3 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $6.00, Hero calls $4.84(All-In).

Final Pot: $23.19.

Villain: 25/16/2.3/14/88 [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/#hands]
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello ILuvBeachVB,

I'd bet a bit bigger on flop and just ship it on turn. :)

Best regards.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      I have a question, if mp3 called squeeze doesn't it narrows his range to like TT+ and AQ+ . On this board more likely AQ+, what can we beat on river, after taking such a line ? And is it really a shove on turn? only flush draw i can see is like KQ spades ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by sausage646
      I have a question, if mp3 called squeeze doesn't it narrows his range to like TT+ and AQ+ . On this board more likely AQ+, what can we beat on river, after taking such a line ? And is it really a shove on turn? only flush draw i can see is like KQ spades ?
      But what do you want to do on turn then? Give him free cards if he even does have a FD or either way he may easily even have worse Ax hands. While his VPIP/PFR gap is huge and may mean as well that he can Call down 3bets looser. Hard to say without knowing his fold to 3bet.

And what's your plan then? Check behind on turn and give it up on river?
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      you are now putting me in a spot where i have to chose from less harmful decision but I really don't like neither of them.

1# I have about similar stats 23/17 but op against solid player 3bet I don't play AJ> type of hands, since i will be dominated very frequently , but as you said we don't have his 3 bet stats, but since we don't have them i probably would chose the worst scenario AQ+ hands, and ok put a AJ in there too. (hands for this board till the river)

If we bet the flop same size, and bet the turn ~2/3 we are committed, I can see that.

I probably would take a risk to lose value from draws and check turn since i don't see so many flush draws in his range.

a) if the river completes flush I would fold to a reasonable bet or place a thin value bet if he checks
      b) if the river is blank, he will probably post a value bet, whit AJ,AQ,AK since we did check the turn it will be probably 1/2 > than the pot, since he will not put an ace in our range, because we didn't bet the turn.
      or if he did put an ace in our range it anyway will be about 2/3 in the worst scenario.

On the river we can beat AJ / AQ split / lose to AK - 50/50 good odds to call.

if he checks river we value bet.

Going to river from the turn in worst scenario its 9 spades in deck and 36 cards left, that's 25% chance to see a flush card.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I have about similar stats 23/17 but op against solid player 3bet I don't play AJ> type of hands, since i will be dominated very frequently , but as you said we don't have his 3 bet stats, but since we don't have them i probably would chose the worst scenario AQ+ hands, and ok put a AJ in there too. (hands for this board till the river)

It's not that you always have to do the 3bet for value. You can easily do it as bluff too. :)

True but with Check behind we most likely have to Call any bet on river as well. Either the FD completes or not and what if even completes he may easily hold some KK/QQ/JJ type of hands which decides to turn his hand even into bluff or value-bet. :D But I do get your point and do agree that Checking could be an option but mainly if we knew the opponent better. More stats/reads.