Just 1 of those days

• diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      I think I've just had 1 of my worst days ever,when I played well.AA loses to j4s
      kings full to quads. Top 2 AK 2 river str. when they call with Q4o.What a nightmare day. All the junk was hitting 90% of good hands lost. Oh forgot the 24o calling a 3 bet pot.calling a raise and a rr on the flop and turning the wheel str against 2 sets.

Ok rant is over.
  • 9 replies
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      haha we all have those days! Chin up and you'll get past it
    • DuDaa
      DuDaa
      Silver
      Lost today with A,K suited to 3,10off suit.... its funny how they rise with trash and get full house on flop.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Meh, it's all part of poker and if you're sure you played it well then there's nothing to be angry about. On Friday I lost AA all in preflop against AQo, I laughed. The only time you should be getting upset is when you play a hand badly and lose money because of it, because that is something you can control.
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      I think it was shear # of these in 1 session that started getting to me.So I called it a day.Took the 4 buy-in lose and ranted.LOL
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      The only time you should be getting upset is when you play a hand badly and lose money because of it, because that is something you can control.

I still don't think you should let your emotion (anger or frustration) take over, even in case of bad play from your part. Of course easier said than done and even for the bad beats and coolers, there are days when it is hard not to let it get to you. However the aim for is when it is a bad beat or a cooler, to just put it behind (sometime note the hand to confirm later that it was what it was and that i could not have played it better and saved some $$$) and in case of bad play very often note the hand but at the time to tell myself "come on pull yourself together" and realize that either I need to pay more attention to what i am doing or that I am tilting and that I either need to untilt or quit
    • diversfx
      diversfx
      Silver
      The first couple I took in stride and laughed off. The last 1 was a tilt and I knew it.That's why I called it a day.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I lost every sng i was playing in this last session to a bad beat. I almost destroyed my laptop. Not smart.

KK lost to JTs
      JJ lost to 44
      AK to A3
      etc.. etc.. etc..

I don't know how to take a loss :f_mad:
    • cojonel
      cojonel
      Global
      Originally posted by DuDaa
      Lost today with A,K suited to 3,10off suit.... its funny how they rise with trash and get full house on flop.
      Fold your nuts on flop?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by thazar
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      The only time you should be getting upset is when you play a hand badly and lose money because of it, because that is something you can control.

I still don't think you should let your emotion (anger or frustration) take over, even in case of bad play from your part. Of course easier said than done and even for the bad beats and coolers, there are days when it is hard not to let it get to you. However the aim for is when it is a bad beat or a cooler, to just put it behind (sometime note the hand to confirm later that it was what it was and that i could not have played it better and saved some $$$) and in case of bad play very often note the hand but at the time to tell myself "come on pull yourself together" and realize that either I need to pay more attention to what i am doing or that I am tilting and that I either need to untilt or quit
      I didn't mean we should let our emotion take over :D I was just saying that I think it would be acceptable to be upset if you lost a big pot due to your own mistakes, but not let it affect your play. Because we all know negative and positive emotions have feeback on you, so if a negative emotion is caused by you playing badly then our mind instantly recognises to do something different next time.

This also affects you when you lose just down to bad luck, if you have negative emotions during this then you feel like you've done something wrong and feel like you have to do something different next time, when it was actually just down to bad luck :)