2nl, floppy decision

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey, i can't seem to find this hand in my elephant so i can't post it in the hand evaluations. i would like to know what others think about this so i'll explain it... as far as i remember, im in the CO and UTG+2(?) raises to 4BB. i call since i was getting the correct implied odds and i flop the bottom set of 333. it was just me and him in the pot and out of no where the guy shoves for $1.87. now i was a little worried since the board was 3-9-Q. i was really worried he flopped QQQ for some reason, but i still made the call and he turns over JTs and misses his draw. anyway i wasnt sure if i was just being paranoid or i was right to be worried. his EP raise suggested strength and the Q may well have given him trip QQQ. i didn't know whether to be very happy that he shoved or very worried lol.. any advices and input would be greatly appreciated.
  • 4 replies
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Tbh, his shove shows that hes missed everything, but could still possible have a draw..

I would of called in micro-seconds.
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      When he shoves right away all in in that board, and he raised you preflop so he could have had a queen with a high kicker and went all in thinking you called with a weaker queen or a 9.The straight draw which he had, he raised because he wanted you to think he had you beat and fold but it's risky especially at 2NL where it's donkfest.

Conclusion : I would not have called his raise 3-3 preflop, it won't be good for you in the long run. just my opinion. gl at the tables. :pokerface:
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      cheers for the feedback. is 33 really a fold to a standard raise? i thought it was acceptable to always call20 with any mid-low pp and give up if you miss. and me getting paid off like that more than makes up for the times that i call the pf raise and miss surely.. i always play mid-low pps that way.. is that a mistake then?? i mean, i know it's so see through it hurts but who actually pays attention at 2NL...
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      DrDunne :) ,

You have a very strong hand and you should be happy, if I could put it this way. Of course, when you're playing against a regular then it's likely that is tight, you should be more worried. Still, on Q9 many regulars could play JT very aggressively (or Q9).

In HU your bottom set is basically a nut hand.

Finally, there are of course some players (tighter ones) that will stack off having you dead only.

Cheers,
      Michal