Do I trust this IBS thing???

• matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      hello guys I decided to give everest a try. They want identification and verification among which is to provide IBS with information. What I'm unsure of is that I must print, sign and send a contract which says:

I am aware of my credit card purchasing activity billed through http://www.ask-ibs.com. I acknowledge and authorize charges from IBS as per our service agreement and by providing my signature below I agree to and confirm online transactions to be debited from my credit(s):

Is this a scam? Are they trying to get my signature authorizing their manipulation of my credit card or credit card information whenever they want?
  • 32 replies
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      bump.
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I would like to know the answer to this as well, is there no everest rep on here?
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      My guess is they are just authorizing your deposits?
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      +1
      But I think it'd be nice if the amount of money you deposit and date are written in the contract.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      I had no problem with depositing. That's the thing, they allows us to deposit but want verification for withdrawing.

Unfair if you ask me
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I agree, it's unusual to be asked for anything other than a scan of your bank card or photo ID.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Well if you're not comfortable giving them your signature.
      Why not use money processor instead of credit card.
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      You can't use any withdrawal method without this verification thing
    • petukka88
      petukka88
      Bronze
      I have done this verification, it's standard and when you do that you get free $10 for "verification bonus".
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I've decided to just not deposit and never to play there, the software sucks anyway.
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      Originally posted by matel17
      I had no problem with depositing. That's the thing, they allows us to deposit but want verification for withdrawing.

Unfair if you ask me
      Same here, deposited without any questions to play in 10k depositors freeroll, but now when i want to withdraw i cant until i send them all they're asking for, as they say "so they could guarantee security for all their players" or something like that, but where was my guaranteed security when i was depositing, and why can i still deposit without any problems, but a soon as i try to withdraw that IBS crap pops-up in my browser.

To say this is unfair is a big understatemnt, they're trying to force people to give up witdrawing and keep playing there so they can earn more money, well i'm not gonna play a single hand there, ever, because of this BS, even if i dont get my money back, and they can shove that authorization form up their a** i'm not giving them my signature with which they can do god knows what.
    • Birdseye
      Birdseye
      Bronze
      Why give them your real signature?

If they are processing a payment TO your card, the bank isnt going to need to see signature verifcation for that credit.

and because your are making deposits online using the secure code on the back of the card, your signature for the card is irrelevent.

Therefore how will they know that the signature you provide is different to that on the card.

The bank wont just share your signature with them, the bank check the signatures at their own centres and confirm if they match or not. But in the 3+ Years Ive worked in banking (current accounts / mortgages) not once have we needed to verfiy a signature for a credit into an account.

*source - I work in a bank (UK)
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      They will know because they also ask for a scan of one's national identity card.
    • Birdseye
      Birdseye
      Bronze
      Ah ok then, I have not deposited with them yet, how ever I have actioned my starting $50 bank roll through their site.

So I will need to go through this process when I come to withdraw myself.
    • boboistina
      boboistina
      Bronze
      any other sites with verification procedures absurd as this one, would like to know it before i get lured by 10k depositors freeroll at their site?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi matel17,

Sorry only just seen this thread, not sure how i missed it before.

I have an authorisation thing set up on my Visa, but it's Visa's own site and I think it's something I set up myself.

Must admit not sure how Everest operate their deposits, probably best to contact their support for advice/ressurance on this one.

If you (or any member) finds out, please post back so that it can help other members ;)

Best regards,

Bart
    • Gerovit
      Gerovit
      Bronze
      You don't need verification if you use moneybookers account...
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      You don't need anything to deposit. It's amazing how easy it is to deposit. But withdrawals? .. that's a whole different ball game with scans for security and signatures for protection and god knows what other kind of bs they keep coming up with

I apologize for what sounds like a rant. I hope we can keep this constructive for the benefit of all. (I'm on so much tilt atm :s_mad: )
    • pplfb
      pplfb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerovit
      You don't need verification if you use moneybookers account...
      Same with Neteller, right?Will i need anything if i want to withdraw?
      I made my first deposit with it.