MSS or Poker odds

• mikeschaap1990
      mikeschaap1990
      Bronze
      Hello Guys,

My name is Mike and i'am new to the forums, so Hi! :)

I first off wanna thank the makers of this site! THANKS! :)

I've been reading some strategies for the MSS and they look very interesting!

But while browsing some other pokers sites i came across something called Poker Odds.

For the people who don't know this, You calculate the Pot Odds and the Odds for getting a card that would improve your hand, and if your Pot odds are bigger then your Card odds (This means you will win money in the long run) you can either raise or call.

I was wondering what you guys suggest, I'am really dedicated to learning poker and i'am gonna spend a good amount of studying in poker before i'am even gonna think of playing it. ;)

Hope you guys can leave your opinion.

Thanks!

Have a nice day & Good Luck in Poker!

Mike Schaap
  • 9 replies
    • gsergiul
      gsergiul
      Bronze
      I don't really understand what the question is here.
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Hi mikeschaap1990

Im currently playing MSS and i put the pot odds into my MSS game. I would start with learning the basic MSS and then put the odds into your game. Small steps to victory!

Glad to see a fellow MSSer in the community

Matt
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mikeschaap1990
      Hello Guys,

My name is Mike and i'am new to the forums, so Hi! :)

I first off wanna thank the makers of this site! THANKS! :)

I've been reading some strategies for the MSS and they look very interesting!

But while browsing some other pokers sites i came across something called Poker Odds.

For the people who don't know this, You calculate the Pot Odds and the Odds for getting a card that would improve your hand, and if your Pot odds are bigger then your Card odds (This means you will win money in the long run) you can either raise or call.

I was wondering what you guys suggest, I'am really dedicated to learning poker and i'am gonna spend a good amount of studying in poker before i'am even gonna think of playing it. ;)

Hope you guys can leave your opinion.

Thanks!

Have a nice day & Good Luck in Poker!

Mike Schaap
      I am not sure of the question either. there are quite a few articles in the strategy section on odds, equity, pot odds and implied pot odds. When playing with an effective mid stack or short stack the implied odds change and you have to accordingly change your play especially with speculative hands preflop or draws postflop.

Best Regards

Thazar
    • mikeschaap1990
      mikeschaap1990
      Bronze
      Thanks for the Replies!

What i tried to ask is:

I just started playing poker and i'am the kind of person that is really dedicated to something once i start it. So i did my research on Poker and came across Poker Odds and Expected Value.

I decided to start with the MSS and was wondering if it's recommended to start off using MSS and EV together, or just learn the game first (get some experience) and once i got all the basics in place etc. then start with adding EV etc.

But i've done some more research and i think its more effective to learn the basics first and master MSS before trying to use EV etc.

Once again thanks for the quick replies!

Hoping to become an active part of the community! :D

Hope to hear from you guys!

Mike Schaap
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I don't play MSS, but welcome to the community
    • mikeschaap1990
      mikeschaap1990
      Bronze
      May i ask what sort of strategy you use?

Trying to learn all sorts of strategies/tactics that are out there :)

Thanks!
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      Sure can. I'm a Big-stack Strategy kind of guy. I feel it gives me more room to play, I like my action!

I'd recommend it if your bankroll allows!
    • mikeschaap1990
      mikeschaap1990
      Bronze
      Heyy,

Thanks for the reply.

I've been checking the BSS strategy and i think i'am not experienced atm to give that one a try.

Thanks tho!, will look at it again once i got the experience and knowledge! :D

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Take care.

Mike Schaap
    • waldog
      waldog
      Bronze
      pot odds ...... buy a decent poker book... but roughly.. being dealt pocket pairs 16/1. start from there ... on a nine handed table no body has a pair ????. then work ur way throu the hands ... 2 suited cards 3/1 to hit a flush on the turn and river .... 4/1 to hit on the river if you hit the turn.... all sounds daft then u have to factor in pot odds its an exercise in reading and playing .. don't give up, read and learn......