DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $33.07
      UTG: $22.27
      MP: $12.10
      CO: $9.12 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 29, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 86
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $10.00

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 8 :diamond: A :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, CO calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.25) T :diamond: 5 :diamond: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO raises to $3.50, Hero raises to $12.64, CO calls $4.52 all in

Turn: ($18.29) 9 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($18.29) Q :heart: (2 players - 1 is all in)

he pretty much shoves the flop. should i be folding?
      if so then i should probably not lead flop i guess? since b/f with nut flush draw seems bad.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello qnb07,

While being PFA then I'd still CBet the flop than just Check/Fold it or Check/Raise or Check/Call. :D With CBet you at least gain fold equity and with Check/Call you just wont know where you stand.

But it should be rather a Bet/Fold with just FD, we ain't doing that great against his raising range there. Plus he seems to be very passive player which indicates to as well a strong hand.

Best regards.
    • VIDOCCC
      VIDOCCC
      Bronze
      With CBet you at least gain fold equity and with Check/Call you just wont know where you stand.
      what does it means "where you stand"? As I think if you first check and then he rerise, you will have the opportunity to calculate pot odds and make proper dicision.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Actually the question could even be preflop either to 3bet against loose opponent or not? But of course it's doable.

Therefore, we expect him to have a very wide Calling range while his VPIP is pretty big. Which means we as well have a lot of fold equity postflop. With Check/Calling you wont get any information while he may 2nd barrel it on turn and maybe even as bluff and take down the pot if we don't hit but with CBetting we at least may gain some fold equity plus even maybe free card on turn.

Where you stand - means how good you are with your hand, if you get called he may easily have some kind of pairs which is not likely going to continue, if he raises then rather has even stronger hand and so on.