BB ($6.80)
      UTG ($23.18)
      Hero ($16)
      CO ($3.85)
      BTN ($17.57)

Dealt to Hero A:club: A:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.40, fold, BB calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.25) J:spade: 6:spade: 5:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, BTN raises to $1.60, BB folds, Hero calls $0.80

TURN ($4.45) J:spade: 6:spade: 5:spade: 6:heart:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

RIVER ($8.65) J:spade: 6:spade: 5:spade: 6:heart: 2:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4.10, Hero folds

BTN wins $8.22

24/16/2,9

WTSD 23
      W$SD 45

1.7K hands

dont know which stats there would be usefull, sample is big, so I can post more stats if needed.

But there he is not bluffing I guess. The interesting thing only is - why he raises so little on flop and turn? It looks like a bluff or weak hand. If he had a set or flush or 65s on flop completed he should bet more.

But on river if he would have a weak hand he would just check and would be happy seeing cheap showdown, so we can assume he has a good hand.
  • 5 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      I'm not sure I would've stayed in this hand until the river tbh. Aces are nice but not against this board.

I'd either rereaise the flop, or just give up the hand right there. Because you already know that you're going to call the turn in most cases. The only options I can see are drawing to a third ace, which is obviously not good odds, or drawing to bluff when a spade comes up by representing As.

If you're still in the pot at the river I would've fired a bullet, a check is no good here. He's raised every step of the way, he's not likely to just check to a showdown here and since you weren't on a drawing hand, it makes no sense for you to just call with the purpose of checking. I guess if the river hadn't been a spade you would've raised or check/called, but I still don't think that you can afford to play aces that way against a flushdraw.

But maybe your instincts are better and he was just on a flush draw. Either way, the odds of another spade coming up on the board after the flop (to the river) are 2:1 so you need to either shut the pot down right there, bluff at the flush yourself, or get out, and you're giving him a free draw on the turn.

I'm playing at a lower limit than you so that's just my two cents.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I'd either rereaise the flop, or just give up the hand right there. Because you already know that you're going to call the turn in most cases.

I didn't want reraise because I would not like to be reraised again, because I am 160bb deep, so if he has a draw or something - let he bluff me. And I called the flop with the intention to call the turn and river mostly, if the bets are not too big. Or even I am hoping free showdown. Because if he has not big hand, he should stop bluffing on the river, also stop betting for value with weak hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello SPeedFANat1c,

Definitely I wouldn't raise it either on flop. We are just making worse hands to fold and very likely just donating to better ones. While being in multiway pot I'd be rather inclined to Bet/Fold the flop for the reason I don't expect him to play his draws/TP type of hands that way in multiway pot. Or do you have any other reads?

For example would be great to see raise CBet stat in that case.

Best regards.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Or do you have any other reads? For example would be great to see raise CBet stat in that case.

I have some reads in the note, but I cannot acces them, because they are yped in poker software, but probably I would have posted them alredy if they were usefull for that hand, because this hand is posted right after it was played.

And his raise cbet stat is 27% (45)

Compared to mine it is huge, my raise cbet is only 16, but on way bigger sample of course.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That's why I take my notes into HEM notebook. :D So you can even do note-taking after the session. :)

And against that kind of CBet raise I'd as well would have played the same way. If the turn bet would be bigger then I'd be more inclined to fold the hand.