Bit of fun-Chasing my losses

• dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Ok so the worst think in poker is to chase your losses...you're down 4 buyins and instead of quitting for the day decide that u must loosen up in order to get back what u started with. Inevitably u lost 5 more and tilt your whole bankroll.

Poker is great...

ok with that in mind I've had a look at my stats on PTR and Topshark and here is the disgusting situation.

Scheduled tourneys: -$350
      SNGs: -$50
      HU SNGS: -$85

Cash Games:

Full ring:

NL holdem 0.02/0.05 -$5

6 max:

NL holdem 0.02/0.05 -$25
      0.10/0.25 -$75

PL Omaha 0.01/0.02 -$25
      0.02/0.05 -$5
      0.10/0.25 -$15

Heres where it gets fun!!!

Heads up:

FL Holdem 0.50/1 -$15

PL Omaha 0.25/0.50 -$130

Aha im an obvious bad player who has a lot of tilt problems. Anyway im gonna mega work hard to make all these positive. Obviously i'll start with low stakes holdem/omaha and play a few $1 sngs and might play the odd $1 tourney to try and get the big win. But support me. I play for fun and it would be nice by the end of the summer if at least a few of these are positive.

Gonna start trying to negate the PLO 0.01/0.02 loss now

Wish me luck.
  • 11 replies
    • evertonroar
      evertonroar
      Bronze
      gl.

I would advise to concentrate on one variant of poker for a while though. Choose Cash v SNG and one of hold em v plo, and get good at that one first. the games and strategy differences playing al the variants you are playing are just to many
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I agree with evertonroar, both in his post and in the fact that if he holds true to his name he hates Liverpool :D

I also wish you good luck in getting some things positive. If you have the BR i'd advise starting at PLO2, since the nanostakes PLO games are even softer than the NLHE games :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      I agree with evertonroar, both in his post and in the fact that if he holds true to his name he hates Liverpool :D

lol :P
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Im sort of annoyed...played a bit of PLO 0.02 and lost $12...thats a total loss of $37..i dont know what im doing wrong. im playing 10 tables and play tight only playing connected hands but things arent working out..

Im mean a guy raises i 3 bet with AA33 flop comes J73 and i conti bet..he calls , next card is 7 so i bet pot size and he shoves only to have jacks full...

I made a good lay down when i had AAJJ...flop came KJ9..i bet tight player calls...the turn is a 9 so i fill up, he check raises me all in and i fold jacks full thinking he has kk, i ask he says good read....

Maybe i should stick at it if anyone has advice on this game please share it with me, would love to make $37 back

Have resorted to NL 2-7 to win money back so bankroll is healthy enough just omaha is sucking the life outta me here :/
    • NewbieGrinder
      NewbieGrinder
      Bronze
      Play one game that you lose lesser and you feel can win a bit, and stick with this game to learn. Don't switch to other type of game. This way, can learn faster.

Good luck.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      If you're not winning at nl2/nl5 etc., then cut out the omaha, it's far too swingy. Of course you can play any stakes and variants if you're a recreational player and bankroll management isn't an issue.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Ok im really annoyed...was at a friends house yesterday and because i got him into poker i decided to help him on how to play. basic things like not overvalueing hands etc.

So we played heads up, he had deposited £20 so he had around $35 and we started playing $1.50 HU sngs...well everything worked out, we played about 25, got him 2 tabling and he won 21 of them. seriously everything just went smoothly, i taught him to raise every button and play position and be aggressive and the only time we lost was when we hit like two pair, went all in and opponent hit his flush/straight.

Needless to say this gave me a bit of confidence in my own game HU as i was making every decision for him. anyway i went home and started playing on my own account and WHAT THE HELL!!!

played 15 games lost 11. seriously its like they hate me or something. i was playing the same strategy yet my opponents hit everything. i had aces oop and my opponent was a calling station so i made like a stupidly high raise of like 500 when blinds were 15/30, he called and flop came J74 rainbow, i shove hoping he has like a ragged jack and he has pocket 44's.

I dont understand, my friend said he played all night and his bankroll is over $80...typical beginners luck i mean making almost $50 in one night playing solely $1.50 HU sngs has to be a miracle especially for a player who has only played poker like 5 times in his life.

Rant over..poker = depression
    • NewbieGrinder
      NewbieGrinder
      Bronze
      Luck is random. We can't change it and we have to accept it if we get bad luck. Poker is like 2/3 skill and 1/3 luck. Skill is from your own hand when to fold and etc. Luck is from random cards dealt. :)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Short update...took a break after my losses a few days ago. they were getting to me so poker was the last thing i wanted to play. Came back and played a few thousand hands of 2-7 SD, in case u didn't know this is the game i mainly play.

Made quite a bit, around $100 so i was confident to try gain to make some money back on losing games. I played FL holdem and done really well. i was -$15 and i made around $20 so im happy that one loss is gone :)

Im gonna concentrate on holdem now. Working at 6 max 0.02/0.05. i only have a few $ to make up for so it shouldnt take long. Then i have the problem of trying to eradicate my omaha losses which have so far not ended to well

Anyway, Wish me Luck :)
      GL at the tables
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      wee quick post, I was using topshark to track my sng losses but it missed lots, turns out i have profit in sngs on sharkscope and my torunament losses arent as bad :D .

My Current losses are as follows:

Tournaments: -$118
      Heads-up SNGS: -$98

Cash Game:
      0.02/0.05 NLH 6 max -$20
      0.01/0.02 PLO 6 max -$35
      0.25/0.50 PLO HU -$127
      0.10/0.25 PLO 6 max -$11
      0.10/0.25 NLH 6 max -$71
      0.02/0.05 PLO 6 max -$1

Therefore my total loss in poker on these games is $471. That just isnt right!!!
      ok i rarely deposit and that is most of my winnings from 2-7 Sd but it is sick.

I will beat this game ;)
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      haha i've finally started winning :D

played a complete donk at 0.25/0.50 PLO heads up, stacked him so already my losses are getting sorted. heres the latest stats.

0.02/0.05 NLH 6 max -$8
      0.01/0.02 PLO 6 max -$31
      0.25/0.50 PLO HU -$83
      0.10/0.25 PLO 6 max -$31
      0.10/0.25 NLH 6 max -$50

ok so looking at it, the losses are bad but considering how bad they were last week im up like $80 or so :)

I've been 6 tabling 0.02/0.05 NLH and i have to admit i dont understand how im down on this game at all, its soooo fishy. one guy calls my complete overshove with 3rd pair on a paired board, i had fullhouse :)

Anyway im gonna continue pwning and i hope u do too

GL at the tables :s_biggrin: