Stack
      Hero:
      $6.22
      BB:
      $8.15
      MP3:
      $5

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: , Q:spade:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.13, BB raises to $0.65, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.45) J:spade: , 5:heart: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.1, Hero raises to $2.35, BB raises to $7.10, Hero calls $3.22 (All-In), BB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($12.59) 7:heart:
      River: ($12.59) 6:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $12.59

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (Qh Qs)
      BB shows a pair of kings (Kh Ks)

BB wins with a pair of kings (Kh Ks)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gambleallin,

Preflop: Do you expect him to squeeze light? Or any kind of reads on the BB? Usually such a 3bet can be easily very strong and therefore I would definitely watch out postflop.

As played
      Postflop: Check/Raising is a bit overplayed, of course we are protecting from overcards but what worse hand will Call you? It's a 3bet pot and most likely he is just going to fold his AK or something similar. Only hand what we could beat preflop is something like JJ but not on flop he has set. And I don't even think that he squeezes with AJ or something similar unless he is doing it light. Therefore I'd just Check/Call it at the best and reevaluate it on turn.

Best regards.
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Hi again :) he'd made that play a few times showing all kinds of cards. so thats the main reason for the check rise, hoped he had done it with j-10s or ace-j. when he jammed obv fought he had me beat! but could;nt let this one go... was a bad read cuz he had me crushed with k-ks. iam not using software at the mo. would that be a help?? got the elep, but its takin time to get my head round it all lol. thx again :s_biggrin:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Software definitely will improve your game and reading opponents. Try it out, it wont harm you. :) Can even very easily post the hands with Elephant.