This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] n-l 5 s/r kks

• gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5
      BB:
      $13.43
      Hero:
      $5.03
      BU:
      $8.69

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BU calls $0.10, SB calls $0.08, BB calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.40) 9:club: , 8:club: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.15, BU raises to $0.45, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.30) 7:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.8, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.30
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gambleallin,

Preflop: Why do you min-raise? Standard raise would be 4xBB.
      Postflop: CBet is way too small, it might even easily induce him to raise you. I'd CBet ~$0,30 and then reevaluate further actions. But as played I wouldn't add much, we most likely are beat. Good fold on turn!

Best regards.
    • gambleallin
      gambleallin
      Bronze
      Hi, since i've been playing low stakes i've been mid-riseing alot, i never used too! normaly 3x tho. i think its because i play more hands at the lower stakes and dont want to waste to much pre flop if i'am goin to let it go (if thats the case) so obv i mid-rise big hands too. is this really bad?? it just seems they call any bet what ever the rise. thanks for all the insight :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah, raising that smallish is really bad. On those limits just keep it simple and do it 4x and get value. With min-raise you are giving great odds for others to Call with any2 and hit against your strong hand.