[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH AKo

• 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello foolboydesire,

Do you expect him to shove here with worse hands? Any previous reads/information on the opponent? As far I see his is very aggressive opponent. Do you expect him to shove with weaker hands like GS/SD or whatsoever hands? Do you expect him to Call your 3bets lighter?

But overall I guess while it's a 3bet pot I don't think that I'd fold it unless I know the information I asked above. If he really had any kind of set then he very often wouldn't ship it rather slowplay it. And therefore it basically is something like AA what trapped us what could beat us. But of course it's a small chance that he plays sets as well this but.

And if you even played here Bet/Fold then it ain't a huge mistake. But most likely you are even doing great here:

Board: K:heart: T:spade: 6:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    50.65%  35.40%  15.25% { AcKd }
      UTG+1  49.35%  34.10%  15.25% { AA, TT, AKs, KQs, AKo, KQo }

Which tells that we can even consider going broke.

Best regards.
    • foolboydesire
      at the time I even considered that he could do that as a pure bluff, as he was very aggressive post flop usually and my cbet stats are rather high, so yes I expected that he is able to shove with worse hands. also a hand like TT was very possible as well...
      i thought i have pretty good chances to have the best hand there, so i called - he had AKo also, so we split the pot, which resulted in -5BB because of rake :)

i wasn't sure if it was a good call however, but now i see i had fairly good equity there, i have to learn to use that equity calculator sometime, good stuff :)

thank you for evaluation, much appreciated