This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 Isolating limper with AT

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $2.00
      BB (Hero):
      $5.00
      UTG1:
      $1.82
      UTG2:
      $1.90
      MP1:
      $4.68
      MP2:
      $0.82
      MP3:
      $6.68
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $2.61

Preflop: Hero is BB with T, A.
      CO posts deadblind, 5 folds, CO checks, BU calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.18, CO folds, BU calls $0.14, SB folds.

Flop: ($0.44) Q, A, 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.22, Hero raises to $0.50, BU calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.44) J (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.44) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

Final Pot: $2.04.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(T A).
      BU shows a pair of aces(A 5).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(T A).

Villain stats are Vpip of 27 with PFR of 5. I figured AT was way of ahead of his limping range. I 3bet on the flop because he seemed the be calling a lot and Im pretty sure I would have gotten value from something like QT or a low suited ace. I would have check raised the turn 2.
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CHARMANDER06,

Preflop: If you even want to raise it here then it should be ~$0,32 while having so many limpers/dead blind poster and as well even OOP. Or other way would be just to Check.

As played
      Flop: Why do you Check/Raise it? :( Just CBet it than Check/Raise it. With Check/Raise you are just forcing him to fold a lot weaker hands. And as well the size of the Check/Raise ain't correct either. You are giving away good odds for any kind of draws.

As played
      Turn: You went for Check/Raise and still don't bet here for value? Just doesn't make sense. You are giving him great odds if he is even drawing.
      River: Could bet it even bigger ~$0,70.

But overall you have a lot of huge leaks, I really advice to post more hands. Bet/Raise sizes, several other leaks what I wrote down in the play.

Best regards.
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello CHARMANDER06,

Preflop: If you even want to raise it here then it should be ~$0,32 while having so many limpers/dead blind poster and as well even OOP. Or other way would be just to Check.

As played
      Flop: Why do you Check/Raise it? :( Just CBet it than Check/Raise it. With Check/Raise you are just forcing him to fold a lot weaker hands. And as well the size of the Check/Raise ain't correct either. You are giving away good odds for any kind of draws.

As played
      Turn: You went for Check/Raise and still don't bet here for value? Just doesn't make sense. You are giving him great odds if he is even drawing.
      River: Could bet it even bigger ~$0,70.

But overall you have a lot of huge leaks, I really advice to post more hands. Bet/Raise sizes, several other leaks what I wrote down in the play.

Best regards.

Thanks!! This kind of reply is going to help me improve. Keep being rough with me when I screw up! :D