This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AT nl10 2

• deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.45)
      Hero ($10.20)
      UTG ($10.93)
      UTG+1 ($14.34)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($11.56)

CO posts $0.10

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:heart:

fold, fold, CO checks, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.25

FLOP ($0.60) 7:club: K:heart: T:diamond:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

TURN ($2.10) 7:club: K:heart: T:diamond: 7:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($2.10) 7:club: K:heart: T:diamond: 7:spade: 8:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

unk

PRE: Stand sizing is leak but raise is good.
      F: close but i decied check to keep pot small and he betpot this is sucks but i can't fold here so i call.
      T: he chb so i think he never has 7x, he can have Kx, Tx or bluffs like Ax, GS, oesd
      R: only J9 hits, someties 88, T8 itd but when he bet 1/2 i call bescoue fish often bet small with bluff and i beat his QJ, T9, JT, QT, etc so i think c/c here is marginal but overall range is ok.

What do you think?
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello deivid2,

As you were PFA then there is no point to Check/Call on such a flop vs unknown. Rather just CBet it and find out where you stand. With Check/Call you just wont know where you stand with your hand while he may barrel 2-3 streets.

Best regards.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      c/c here is simple if we beat how many worse hand calls us not much QJ, QT, T9 so why don't c/c call here and give him to chance to bluff us. I don't afreid fold here best hand becsoue this limit people don't barreling with bluff much.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by deivid2
      c/c here is simple if we beat how many worse hand calls us not much QJ, QT, T9 so why don't c/c call here and give him to chance to bluff us. I don't afreid fold here best hand becsoue this limit people don't barreling with bluff much.
      And you planning to Call 2 or 3 streets? Which he basically might even be capable of bluffing while he is unknown and you don't know him.
    • deivid2
      deivid2
      Global
      no i plannig call flop and fold turn if he bet big again but a lot times he checkback or bet small with air or weakhands and second point to c/c here is if he has Tx i don't vb here 3 streets so what metter is i bet flop or turn. Bad if i bet flop - ch turn often he bet river and i don't know what i should do.

The idea is here keep small pot becsoue i don;t see many value betting here.

But i know stand play is c-bet here but my qestion is do you think my reason this play is make sense i want dissussion this and if i do somethink wrong i want know what this is and delete this.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nope, I don't think that your reasons are reasonable. Since I didn't see any good reason to play it Check/Call. My reason in those situations would be if I see the opponent doing a lot of CBet raises and etc then I'd consider playing it this way and let him bluff.
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Black
      so if we cbet flop, he calls, then what ch/f turn? I do not say its wrong to cbet this spot, since I almost always do, but what to do on turn vs unknown, then turn card is somewhat blank?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dooleslovs
      so if we cbet flop, he calls, then what ch/f turn? I do not say its wrong to cbet this spot, since I almost always do, but what to do on turn vs unknown, then turn card is somewhat blank?
      Vs unknown:
      He did post a dead-blind preflop. For that reason he has there a very wide range. Which definitely includes weaker pairs/floats/draws. And that's the reason why I might even consider just Bet/Folding the turn for free showdown rather than turn my hand into bluff catcher and Check/Call 2 streets while he could be capable of doing that.