Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,01
      BU:
      $3,8

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:club: , T:club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0,12, SB folds, Hero calls $0,08.

Flop: ($0,26) J:club: , T:spade: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,16, BU calls $0,16.

Turn: ($0,58) 8:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,37, BU calls $0,37.

River: ($1,32) 6:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,84, BU raises to $3,15 (All-In), Hero ???

i defend my blinds and take initiative post flop, it felt like i have good fold equity, put him on Ax most likely, but don't really have good reads on this player, little info, and his big raise on river indicates that he probably got a flush also, possibly A high

i guess my overall play here is just too loose, got carried away donking :)
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello foolboydesire,

Why don't you Check/Raise the flop? With very good equity against any range and as well even have fold equity. Plus you at least gain a CBet from him. With just donking yourself the problem is that we might make a lot worse hands to fold and maybe even better ones will raise us and we wont get good implied odds.

And as played the river he ain't doing it as bluff there anyways. So the question is if he is capable of having there worse flushes? While J is already on board there ain't that many combos which he could be holding. He doesn't have that huge PFR either so therefore which mainly consist of higher flushes. And I might even consider making the crying fold. Which of course is very hard but what hands do we beat?

Best regards.
    • feraldave
      feraldave
      Bronze
      Hey Veriz..

If we check/raise this flop are we calling a shove?

cheers
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by feraldave
      Hey Veriz..

If we check/raise this flop are we calling a shove?

cheers
      If we Check/Raise the flop then yes, we are going broke as well. Our hand has very strong equity in those cases, for example:

Board: J:club: T:spade: 2:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    54.17%  54.04%   0.12% { JJ+, 22, AJs, AJo }
      UTG+1  45.83%  45.71%   0.12% { QcTc }

As you we are doing great. :) And with Check/Raise we of course even gain fold equity so our equity is even higher.