Still Shaking...

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      So, I only recently started playing poker properly and learning, before that I would just be with friends/family.. And ive now started to play Live..

But Im still shaking from what has been, well an incredible 3days.

First of, I won around $50-60 dollars from SnG and went up a limit for cash games, this didnt work in my favour, the next 5days i had lost money everyday, the smallest lose being 0.37p and the biggest $57 in a day.

3days ago, I finished the day with a $82 profit, and the next day a $52 profit, I then played today and went up $20, i then had a downturn and went negative about $7.. Now i knew this wasnt much, but i was playing awful, so went to have a drink and some food and rethink what i was doing..

THIS DID NOT HELP!!

I came back, and lost over and over again, went down around $90.. (lost much of the time due to kicker issues) I thought all these good days and pointless, and im not hitting my hatrick, (first ever 3days in profit).. I then decided to carry on playing, digging myself out of a HUGE hole, to try get in the money..

I have the hand history, but basically it boils down to, i lost several dollars. I clicked leave next big blind, and the hand before this i hit luck.. I has a good hand, KJs and hit the full house on the flop.. 4 people were still in betting big money, oversly trying to bluff people out of it.

Now i played it call, literally, just kept calling. The pot got to around $140 before the last hand when someone went all in, someone else called and the other folded.. Now.. This is where i was worried, i though that maybe they have hit something big here and i just havnt noticd it.. I looked for extra time, and trying to figure everything out.. I relised he checked twice and call the raise the other time.. Was he slow playing me? He couldnt be.. Ive already got so much money in the pot that if i lose, i may as well not play poker for a week as my BR would be way to low..

I thought i was bluffing it, ive played it cool. maybe they think im a calling station.. Then the timer beeped at me.. I went all in, the other played called.. Now a sidepot

The pot was at around $210 total... I sat there almost falling of my seat..
      It came, the game froze to detemine the winner.

Thats when I saw the money roll over to my player... I actually nearly yelled.. My biggest ever pot, and im on the good side of it.

Now this is only one hand.. But this was over an hour ago, and im still buzzing.. Oversly I left straight after that hand to admire my BR which was at an all time low just before..

I know understand, Poker generates some of the best and some of the worst in you, it generates more thrills and ups and down than a rollercoaster.. And i think im now addicted.

Also just to add ... Im guessing i just hit Gold status from this.. I only joined this site 18days ago.. And now have gold.. Lets hope my luck continues :D

Thanks for reading.
  • 27 replies
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      what limits are you playing lol

in before busto
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      your bore me, with this whole in before busto crap..

Everyone loses and wins, how does this make me 100% going to bust? You dont know how deep my pockets are.. :\
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      If you're still shaking after an hour after winning a $210 pot, I'm thinking not too deep.

Also, I read your story and I could only read between the lines 'no bankroll management'.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      lame story bro
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      lame story bro
      +1 learn BRM
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Silver
      Originally posted by NIVEKii
      If you're still shaking after an hour after winning a $210 pot, I'm thinking not too deep.

Also, I read your story and I could only read between the lines 'no bankroll management'.
      ^^^^ this
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      or play roullette
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      I'll agree with the others on the BRM side of things. You need to stick to it properly, unless you want to keep going busto and re-depositing. There's enough articles on this site to help out with it! :)

But congrats anyway, now you're hooked :>
    • xlesleyx
      xlesleyx
      Bronze
      Ill be the friendly one congratz on your win.I remember the 1st win aswell felt amazing and i am now hooked keep going within your limits and enjoy the game.
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      So you got more exited then when I won 20k last week
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Yeah, i didnt get excited about the money size.. Just by the fact i actualy won, i was almost certain i wouldnt of won it.

an hour was properly taking it over the top.. And i wasnt oversly shaking.. Its just a title..

It wasnt the fact the money was big/small, its the fact its the biggest single hand ive won on poker.. Ive won much more money in a single hand of Blackjack.. But first for poker.. which is why i enjoyed it. Its like when you win your first tournoment, be it a freeroll or the summer millions.. You still get a buzz from winning.. Simple as.

Blackjack you simple win or lose, knowing you have lost that money or doubled up.. Poker is all about beating your opposition.. and im very competitve, i want to beat people at anything.. Its not the fact i won $200 in a hand.. I feel like im actually starting to understand plays, and this game.. I can post loads of threads about losing thousands if you want? Thats not the point.

So... again before you all think you know me.. Read the story/ dont read the story and then piss of :D Thanks.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      I think everybody read the story.

The thing is, that's not how you make money in poker.
      to make money you need bankroll management, a positive winrate and a large amount of hands played.
      and, according to what you said, you have none of the three.

so yeah, no doubt it's just another in before busto.
    • Sthorn
      Sthorn
      Bronze
      This is serious, you should check with a doctor that you dont have parkingson.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sthorn
      This is serious, you should check with a doctor that you dont have parkingson.
      bad joke br0
    • Rothko
      Rothko
      Bronze
      So you won a pot...
    • dooleslovs
      dooleslovs
      Platinum
      this story reminds me my one and only (yet) attempt to recover from loosing session. I went from NL5 rush to NL50 and floped top set in the very first hand, it was 4 way pot, and I thought the best way to play it - slowplay. So I doubled my losses that day, since one guy picked up str8 on river. Just wanted to say enjoy your win, but BRM is the must.
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hmm, skipping BRM to cover losses you say? Maybe I should have a shot at PLO100 and break a personal record for how fast I can loose...

Regards,
      Richard
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      OP is Michael J Fox?

• sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      Hmm, skipping BRM to cover losses you say? Maybe I should have a shot at PLO100 and break a personal record for how fast I can loose...

Regards,
      Richard
      go for PLO400 imo