UTG+1: $1.05
      MP: $6.15
      MP+1: $13.52
      LP: $6.30
      CO: $2.96
      BTN: $3.00

Hero posts SB $0.03, BB posts BB $0.06

Pre Flop: ($0.09) Hero has A:club: 4:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.03, BB raises to $0.12, UTG+1 calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.36, 3 players) K:diamond: J:club: K:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.18, UTG+1 calls $0.18, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.90, 3 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.36, UTG+1 calls $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

River: ($1.98, 3 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.86, UTG+1 calls $0.39, fold

BB shows 9:club: T:heart: (Straight, King High)
      UTG+1 shows 5:diamond: A:spade: (One Pair, Kings)
      BB wins $2.60

what do u think about this play? Am I stupid or to prudent?
      I wanted to see cheap showdown... and this pot size bet I think was to expensive... I saw a lot of hand which beat me like KJo/s, KQo/s, JJ, QQ... on the other hand I would able to see if I was bluffed so I decided to fold :P to smart
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Folding the river is still a bit weak while he may easily even have worse flushes/even straights/trips. And I'd actually consider even betting myself the turn when I hit or either way definitely have to bet the river as he does a very small bet on turn.

Best regards.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      as you can see, there are still a lot of things to learn.
      ok... we bet turn for about 2/3Pot, what to do vs 3B on this board on the turn? He have to play b/f...
      the same will be on the river, we have to play b/f. How much should we bet on the river?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by BGawli
      as you can see, there are still a lot of things to learn.
      ok... we bet turn for about 2/3Pot, what to do vs 3B on this board on the turn? He have to play b/f...
      the same will be on the river, we have to play b/f. How much should we bet on the river?
      He can't 3bet you, he is just raising you on the turn. And then really depends what kind of raise size he does and what's the actions after him. If there is some more action and some bigger raise then we might even consider folding the hand. But overall I don't think that he would raise there anyways with worse holdings. Even with trips he wouldn't turn very aggressive.

And yes we still would continue river depends how many opponents and etc how to react.