[NL2-NL10] nl5 kj flop

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villian pretty much unknown apart from high vpip small pfr over small sample.

Should I raise the flop to protect against draws, or just call and keep villian in?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.80)
      BB ($2.50)
      UTG ($10.12)
      Hero ($5.33)
      BTN ($4.26)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, SB calls $0.18, fold

FLOP ($0.45) K:spade: 7:club: 8:club:

SB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, SB folds

Hero shows K:diamond: J:diamond:

Hero wins $0.81
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Against that kind of small donk-bet I'd raise it as well. Most likely has some weak pair or a draw which tries to get cheaply a card or even fold equity.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

The flop CBet is way too small and this might easily even induce him to raise with any kind of crap, including semi-bluffs and maybe even weaker PPs/bluffs. So rather CBet it bigger and then reevaluate it on further actions.
      It was me who raised him, he c-bet tiny ;p

That's why I was wondering whether or not to call and keep his bluffs in or raise it and protect my hand :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

The flop CBet is way too small and this might easily even induce him to raise with any kind of crap, including semi-bluffs and maybe even weaker PPs/bluffs. So rather CBet it bigger and then reevaluate it on further actions.
      It was me who raised him, he c-bet tiny ;p

That's why I was wondering whether or not to call and keep his bluffs in or raise it and protect my hand :)
      Oh sorry. :D Tip for me, don't multitask, I rarely do such mistakes on evaluation lol but when you are talking a person behind you and at the same evaluating ain't the easiest job. :D Re-Evaluated it.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Haha, no problem! :D Thanks for the feedback!