fold, Hero raises to $0.24, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.51, 2 players) T:spade: 5:spade: 9:diamond:
      BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.38

Turn: ($1.51, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB bets $0.12, Hero raises to $1.40, BB calls $1.28

River: ($4.31, 2 players) 8:heart:
      BB bets $4.72, fold

what do u think about this hand?
      I think flop and river is out of question... but I'm interested in if I made good decision on the turn with 3B him...
  • 6 replies
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      I think your title says FR but your post says 6max :)

And I think your 3bet is fine. I'd think he's just building value for a flush draw, or maybe a straight. And he's also obviously a pretty poor player if he's calling raises and then almost min-betting.

Turn doesn't change anything.

Not sure I could've laid that down on the river against such a player but it's probably a good call.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      mistake
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      where have you seen FR? :P of course thanks for it...

as I mentioned in original post fold on the river is out of question.
      There are few reasons which tell us that calling the river is bad idea:
      - AA isn't a hand where I want to put whole money into the pot in this board
      - I was considering check behind the river so I can't call this pot size bet
      - the river card completed 2 straight draws(67, QJ) which our opponent could have
      - our opponents was very passive and suddenly went off with bet size pot. Strange...
      - and the rule of micro limit, which I want to learn, we have to listen our opponents. In this limit our opponents tell us when they have a hand... He definitely told that...

BTW I'm happy that u said my 3B was correct. I wasn't sure of this play.
    • giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      You're of course completely right and I should also fold that hand on the river, it's just very tempting not to because you come across this type of player quite often, but given the board and story it should be an easy fold.

Anyway don't take my word for the 3bet, I play NL4 so I'm hardly a pro here. But it feels fine to me, there's no reason to think you're not holding the strongest hand after the turn.
    • UnknownJoseph
      UnknownJoseph
      Bronze
      NL4 and NL6 is the same... We have to learn a lot to reach higher limits :)
      let's wait for coach evaluation but I think he will agree with this that 3B was correct on the turn...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BGawli,

Don't really see actually any 3bets in those spots. On flop/turn you just raise which is 2bet.

But about the play I wouldn't add much. Very likely seems that he is trying to get a cheap draw. Nice hand!

Best regards.