[NL2-NL10] NL4 A7s from BB

• giliNL
      giliNL
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

My first hand post here, but I'm sure many more will follow. Just wanted to run this by you and see if you think I should've played this differently.

I don't have a whole heap of stats on the two other players in this hand, only like 30-odd hands and they both seems pretty tight and passive as far as I can see.

I call preflop because I think I'm getting pretty good implied odds here towards the nut flush and pretty good odds in general (pretty sure BU has to call after me for only 0.06), although looking at it again now , I realize that BU actually only had a $1.46 stack and I probably shouldn't even have called it.

I make a small bet on the flop to get an idea of where I'm at and to not give a free draw, c-bet the turn since I don't really expect many 4s and 5s to be in there at this point.

When the spade comes on the river I just check. I'm not sure about that decision. Do I bet for value? I would've folded here to a big raise since my ace is not that great anymore.

Many thanks!

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $0,18
      Hero:
      $4,04
      BU:
      $1,46

0,02/0,04 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.103 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: , 7:diamond:
      5 folds, BU raises to $0,12, SB raises to $0,18 (All-In), Hero calls $0,14, BU calls $0,06.

Flop: ($0,54) A:spade: , 6:spade: , 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0,26, BU calls $0,26.

Turn: ($1,06) 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1,01, BU calls $1,01.

River: ($3,08) 5:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $3,08

Results follow (highlight to see):
      BU shows a pair of aces (Ac Jc)
      SB shows (Qh Js)
      Hero shows (Ad 7d)

BU wins with a pair of aces (Ac Jc)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello giliNL,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Should be standard fold here. No point to Call it, he doesn't even have a full stack.

As played
      Postflop: If you want to bet it then do it bigger on flop ~$0,40. And just ship it on turn directly and don't leave him $0,05 behind. :D

Best regards.