This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH 88 flopped set

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($26.69)
      BB ($31.58)
      UTG ($26.55)
      UTG+1 ($25.35)
      CO ($44.50)
      BTN ($26.35)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, CO calls $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.65, fold

FLOP ($2.50) Q:club: 8:diamond: T:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

TURN ($2.50) Q:club: 8:diamond: T:heart: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $2.25, UTG raises to $6, CO folds, Hero calls $3.75

RIVER ($14.50) Q:club: 8:diamond: T:heart: 3:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG checks

I'm obviously playing Check-raise on the flop but original raiser checks which i think is strange. He should be C-betting almost all of his raising hands in this spot. I think might check sets here and occasionaly some kind of KJ hand.

Turn comes and I start betting my hand for value and Original raiser raises me here. Can I ever fold here? I really cant see what hands I'm beating here that he would be checking the flop with except 33/Ax diamonds. Maybe he raises here with KJ diamonds? Seems like a reallsy strange spot for him to have a bluff? I make the call with no plan basically other than I'm probably getting stacked on any non-diamond/straighty. I'm not even sure I want the board to pair.

River completes flush and he checks it back.

Really not sure about the turn spot. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.
  • 1 reply