What strategy to use with free $50

• Dalukbox
      Dalukbox
      Bronze
      Hi guys, i just recieved my free starting capital at Party. I have read through a few of the strategy articles, and have found them very useful.

Im just wondering what others have done with their free 50 and what would be the best strategy to adopt to make some money.

I am torn between play SnG's, multitabling using SSS or paly one table using BSS.

What have others used and how, if at all, profitable have they been using said strategy?

All advice is welcome!

Mary.
  • 19 replies
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      don't play sngs on party cos the rake is too high
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      hello

I would try the strategy you feel most comfortable with and try that.

Roo :)
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey dalukbox,

I agree with roo on this but also would like to add you shouldnt just feel comfertable you should be enjoying the poker not worrying about how much $$ you can make. Just enjoy the game learn as much as you can study as hard as you can and the money will come along with it.

There is no point playing a game type you dont enjoy or you will never get the urge to want to improve which of course leads to being a losing player anyway good luck with whatever you do let us know how it goes yeah?

:f_love:
      Carl
    • Dalukbox
      Dalukbox
      Bronze
      well theres no rake atm.

im having a bad day with the sngs, some many donks sucking out!

so im trying the cash SSS, and playing Sng's with the profit, ill keep ya posted on how its going.

if anyone cares to tell me what they did with their 50 please feel free.
    • jasonforan
      jasonforan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dalukbox
      well theres no rake atm.

im having a bad day with the sngs, some many donks sucking out!

so im trying the cash SSS, and playing Sng's with the profit, ill keep ya posted on how its going.

Be best if you stuck to one type of game so you can improve on it and try to perfect your game,fwiw i blew my $50 on rush poker back in the day :f_cool:
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      its a looong story :) you can read my blog (link in my signature) to find out what i did with MY free 50 :D

smiles,
      wendy
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      its a looong story :) you can read my blog (link in my signature) to find out what i did with MY free 50 :D

smiles,
      wendy
      I would like to read this too! sounds interesting :P
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      disclaimer: lot of spam in there :P

really, you haven't seen it roo? cant believe you havent trolled in there yet :P
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze

really, you haven't seen it roo? cant believe you havent trolled in there yet :P
      i'm going to get my trolling self over there :P
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper

great. looking forward. trolls have taken over lately. il swoop in tomorrow ;) right now, gotta get myself some sleep :)
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper

great. looking forward. trolls have taken over lately. il swoop in tomorrow ;) right now, gotta get myself some sleep :)

Sweet dreams Wendy :f_love:
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dalukbox

the real question is: What did full tilt do with my 50?? :f_cry: But I was up $200+ playing mostly 6max sng so give it a shot :]
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      I didnt even get my free $50 couldnt get past the security checks :f_biggrin:

But as i learnt there are are lot more valuable things here than just a free $50 (which is nice too ofc)

The starting capital used along side our videos, strategy articles, FREE live coachings from our pros, and unlimited strategy discussions with our wonderful comunity, can take you as far as you are want provided you are willing to work at it.

Check out this link it will take you to the blog section of our forums in there are plenty of success stories which started with the free $50 and are now playing poker for their main income

Good luck man,
      Carl
    • Dalukbox
      Dalukbox
      Bronze
      Well this is how i got on today my first day on partypker with the $50...

Played alot of 1$ SnG lost a few, won a couple, won a $3 30man SnG(the only 1 i played).

Did well in cash, basically i was up to about $70 from the cash so it was covering my sng and mtts.

Played 3 mtts got sucked out on alot, played a qualifer for 200k Sunday and WON!!! ..which was nice as the buyin is $215.. played a qualifer for Summer Million busted out in 5th SO SICK. KK>A2o.

So overall im down to $31 (and 40PPoints), but not to bothered as i now have the possibilty of winning $74k, which would be a welcomed amount to my dwindling BR.

So i need to train for Sunday.. how do i get into the coaching sessions? also can you guys give me some links to good advice for big MMTs as im only Bronze status and can't access all the articles here.

All help is welcome i really want to cash in this Event!

Peace, Mary
    • Dalukbox
      Dalukbox
      Bronze
      Im Silver now but still can't see all of the articles.. can anyone help me please, the tourny is in 4 more days, i've downloaded and read a few books now, including 'The Poker Mindset' (very good btw)
      Is there any more that you guys reccommend for big MMTs, like the on im playing?? I've read the one about ICM but don't really agree with it and don't think i can benefit much from it.. so what else is reccomended?
      Also i still can't work out how to join these coaching sessions?

Can anyone help me.. All advice is welcome!
    • Cagey
      Cagey
      Bronze
      Dan Harrington's books are good for MTTS, I am quite certain ICM will probs improve your game though. so maybe give it another shot.
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      I would suggest to unregister from the 200k tourney and just play lower tournaments, It's a big jump and trust me, you will get knocked out very early on.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there Dalukbox,

Sorry for the late reply il try and help you now as much i can but you should understand before you play this MTT that the variance in MTTs is huge people who play them for a living can go quite a few tourneys without even cashing never mind making a serious cash like say reaching the final table.

First of all because you are silver you can't read all the articles you will be able to read more articles the more poker you play and more strategy points you earn this is why its a good idea to stick to bankroll management to give yourself good protection from ever losing your whole bankroll.

You said you read an article about ICM but dont agree with it... All our content is tried and tested over many thousands of games, millions of hands we wouldnt post it in articles if it wasnt a profitable way of playing to play any different from the articles as a beginner in poker, unless you have strong reads on opponents etc, is a recipe for going busto. Trust us we know what we are talking about :f_biggrin:

About the coaching, the free live MTT coaching with our professional players for silver members is on a monday evening from 6pm just click the coaching tab at the top arrange the filters to find the one you want and when the coaching goes live a button appears that says join now or something along those lines.

Hope this helps you, good luck in your MTT
      Carl
    • jugglingbirdy
      jugglingbirdy
      Bronze
      heres what i did:

play 2 tables 2NL, later on 4 than 6 than 9 than 18 etc. made 100 out of the 50. than did the same to 5NL also tried some 10NL/shallow stacked tables/sng's/MTT's/Rush poker when i had about 150. build my bankroll to about $200 and than full tilt shut down^^