This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll advice please.

• Arron63
      Arron63
      Bronze
      Hi everyone!

I've been moving around between limit and no-limit (sometimes pot-limit), and now I only want to play fixed limit, mainly because I enjoy the game more, and I reckon it's much easier.

For playing around 8 tables, what type of bankroll would you suggest for TAG player? I've looked around and all I see is 300big bets, which I know isn't enough. So, what do you guys recommend ?

Thanks, and good luck :)
  • 1 reply
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Arron63

The number of tables is irrelevant (allowing that more tables usually equals lower winrate), what you're concerned with in BRM is how big a swing you can survive. As you note 300BB is a good rule of thumb for Full Ring micro limits. Above, say, .50/1 I'd consider increasing that.

For short handed play (ie 6max or less) use 500BB as a base minimum.

The most important thing is to remember to move down no later than 300/500BB for the limit below.. even more if you want to reduce the impact of negative variance.

Trust this helps.