Made pokerstars account before this one, will i earn points?

• OlavMagen01
      OlavMagen01
      Bronze
      Hey.
      Before I registered myself as a member to this site I've been playing quite a bit on pokerstars. It's been a while since I played now, and now i want to get back to it.

But I'd really like to earn strategy points while playing on pokerstars, I haven't done that before because I made the account on pokerstars before I made this one. So I was only getting strategypoints if I was playing on Full tilt.

I was thinking about making a new pokerstars account through this site and just transfer my money from the old account to the new one, but as i checked my profile here right now, it says the following:

"Your account has been correctly tracked and you are receiving StrategyPoints."

Is this something new? Will I now receive strategypoints while playing at pokerstars?
  • 11 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi OlavMageno01,

great to hear that you are playing again. welcome back!
      regarding your tracking question, will ask for you tomorrow. (once office resumes). don't really know the situation but i can tell you that normally, re-tracking is pretty impossible once you already have an account with a site.

thanks for your patience. :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi again OlavMagen01, (that was fast wasnt it?) :)

i've confirmed that your account ISNT tracked (basically that nothing changed), and that message you saw is just an error message which pops up when you have inputted your stars account on your profile. :(

it's not the best news but there really isn't much we can do as poker rooms do not allow us to re-track accounts. hope this clarifies things for you.

have a good day anyway,
      wendy
    • OlavMagen01
      OlavMagen01
      Bronze
      So I'm just gonna have to make a new account on pokerstars then? How to I link it with pokerstrategy btw?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi OlavMagen01,

I'm afraid that you will be unable to set up a 2nd PokerStars account as this isn't allowed by any poker room (see PokerStars terms & conditions).
      Each player is only ever allowed just 1 account on any 1 poker room.

Unfortunately, as Wendy already mentioned, there is no way to retrack your PokerStars account. You can however set up a new account on one of PokerStrategy.com's other partner poker rooms, somewhere you haven't played on before, and earn Strategy points and all the other member benefits.

Sorry it's not better news this time, but most members have the odd untracked account but sadly nothing we can do about those at this time.

Best regards,

Bart
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hi,

So once we have an account on PS we can't get it tracked with PokerStrategy? What if we haven't yet deposited and use PokerStrategy's code?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi rudders,

I suggest you try to use the original PokerStars bonus code in case you decide to deposit because with our code you wont be allowed any added bonus.

If you try to use ours, the system might register that you've already used a bonus code and won't allow you to register with another code for your first deposit which will enable you to participate in any deposit bonuses.

Please ask PokerStars customer support if you need more information.

Anything else we can help you with? Would you be interested trying another room maybe and register through PokerStrategy.com?

Please take a look at our Poker Room partners and let us know if we can assist you with the registration process.

If you can't deposit just yet but would like to give it a try to one of the poker rooms, please visit our free bankroll overview promotion page where you can get a small amount of bankroll and start playing. :)

Ingrid
    • rudders93
      rudders93
      Bronze
      Hey Ingrid,

I'm on Party right now and that's linked to PokerStategy with the free bankroll, but I much preferred PokerStars because it actually had bonuses running in my timezone unlike Party which has effectively has nothing. So it's not possible to link an existing Pokerstars account to Pokerstrategy? Even if it hasn't been deposited into yet?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      I'm afraid is not possible, this is out of our hands unfortunately. :(
    • OlavMagen01
      OlavMagen01
      Bronze
      Edited by Ingrid:I've edited this for your own security :) Crossed my fingers!

Cross your fingers people.
    • OlavMagen01
      OlavMagen01
      Bronze
      Haha, I don't even remember what I wrote. :(

Anyways, didn't end as I hoped, so if I want to collect strategypoints I'll have to find a new pokersite. Any suggestions?
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      We have many poker rooms for you to pick from if you follow this link
      You will find all our partner rooms click through them for a small review on each and pick which suits you the best :)

Good luck mate,
      Carl