Just Joined Stars

• Gezep
      Gezep
      Bronze
      I am a micro stakes player at University in England that is trying to earn myself around £60/$96 a week from playing poker. I used to play FTP but after that went tits up I started to play at my sports betting provider Ladbrokes. I deposited £15 into my Ladbrokes account 12 Days ago and played 18k hands at 0.02/0.04 6Max NL and turned that into £107. Anyways..

So today I decided to take a look at Pokerstars as at times the traffic at ladbrokes is poor. I had a play about with the settings at Stars and joined a table with a large waiting list and starting to watch just to see what I would be up against on this site. I was waiting a good 15 Minutes watching 2-3 players at this table bet almost every pot when it came my time to sit at the table.....

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.23
      MP3:
      $6.05
      CO:
      $12.42
      BU:
      $12.31
      SB:
      $12.50
      BB (Hero):
      $12.70

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BU calls $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.15, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.00, BU calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.52) 5, 8, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.85, CO raises to $3.70, BU calls $3.70, Hero raises to $11.55, CO calls $7.57, BU calls $7.46(All-In).

Turn: ($37.5) 3 (3 players)

River: ($37.5) 4 (3 players)

Final Pot: $37.5.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      CO shows a pair of tens(T T).
      BU shows a pair of fives(5 J).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Q Q).

Not a bad way to start eh?

I understand that a few of you may pick at the way I played this hand. I myself realise that my flop play was probably a little loose and a bit crazy. However after the Button called the two raises my guess was he was on a flush draw and i just had to decide whether the CO had a better hand than me. In hindsight against a tight player I would have folded. Either way I won the pot and am 459BB up already. Who Needs Full Tilt ;)
  • 19 replies
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Bronze
      Hey, nice success pal, which uni u at? Keep the success up :)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      game is very soft. I play stars a lot. if you want to sweat me while I play 25NL 6 max, you are welcome.

I'm currently 4-7 tabling and crushing it. :D
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      actually,you played that hand good,raising size good OOP,nice protection on flop,especially if you saw them raising every pot.

good luck onwards.
    • johnboy1
      johnboy1
      Silver
      nice
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      weeeeee, English obv crush :f_cool: :f_cool:

Why not request a mod to put this into the blogs sectiopn and I'm sure you will get alot of followers.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I also joined Stars after FT went awry and I think it's an awful site. Joined Cake Poker, much happier with that.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GraemeDR
      I also joined Stars after FT went awry and I think it's an awful site. Joined Cake Poker, much happier with that.
      good luck cashing out your money
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      you clearly must be joking
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze

Not sure if serious...
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Just to clear things up, I am serious. Can't understand why Stars is as popular as it is. The only positive I could find was the traffic is exceptionally high, other than that I can't see what all the fuss is about and as an online poker room I prefer Cake Poker.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      and cashing out doesn't appear to be a problem at all.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      It couldn't be easier, cash goes straight back onto a visa debit/credit card, or Direct Bank Transfer straight into my bank account if I verify my ID, or Neteller. As the Visa option doesn't require ID documents and transaction is completed within 5 days I literally can't imagine how it could be easier.

What problems have you had?
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Saruniks
      It couldn't be easier, cash goes straight back onto a visa debit/credit card, or Direct Bank Transfer straight into my bank account if I verify my ID, or Neteller. As the Visa option doesn't require ID documents and transaction is completed within 5 days I literally can't imagine how it could be easier.

What problems have you had?
      did you allready cash out at least once?
    • Gezep
      Gezep
      Bronze
      I also am not a fan of stars at all, everything seems such hardwork playing there. I thought I had been playing for over 2 hours the other day and when i looked at HEM my session was only 50 minutes long. The main problem I found was the waiting lists for the tables with the highest Players to Flop % were often 5-6 long and by the time you joined the table the fish had left leaving 6 Multi Tabling TAG players with VPIP's of 15 and below playing strong hands only with Players to Flop being somwhere around the 10% mark. Stars wouldnt let me withdraw untill 48 hours after a deposit so I've had to wait a few days before I can cash out my very quick profit.

In the mean time I tried Partypoker but thought the software was terrible incredibly hard to take In and get used to seems to me that nothing really gets near to the FTP software. Finally last night I opened a Titanpoker account and I am very impressed with how simple and easy the Ipoker software is and the amount of fish there is unreal. So Looks asif I will be sticking arround there for a bit. Played for 30 Minutes and Won 100BB.

Im studying at UCS in Ipswich. Its a new University, its alright but still trying to find its feet.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I agree about party poker too, terrible software, I couldn't believe that people who play serious poker actually play there. I've never tried or seen Titan but I've heard others say there's plenty if fish. Good luck with it.
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      party isn't terrible. multitabling is decent on it. I choose not to play on it, however most reg players only care about how profitable it is.
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      What's that wrong with Partys software guys? I am playing there for a while and have no problems at all... Just default themes suck, so I've gone for a Pokerstrategys carbon theme, it's clean an simple, no silly avatars and that is just fine for me.

Actually saw many people complaining about PP's software but never really had an idea why. Maybe I'm missing something?

Best regards.
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      you whine like a girls, who cares about how software looks.
    • Gezep
      Gezep
      Bronze
      I couldnt give a toss what the software looks like Its how it plays and for me PartyPoker was a pain. I suppose you get used to it but I found myself struggling to see whos turn it was during play, knowing who had folded(dont like how each players cards are not on the table but in each individual box) and just seemed really slow.