[NL2-NL10] Nl5

• Gezep
      Gezep
      Bronze
      I won the pot on this occasion. However i understand my flop play was pretty crazy. I had knowledge that both players were very loose but was it the right call to go all in? I had already put the BU on a flush draw due to him/her just calling the two raises.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $10.23
      MP3:
      $6.05
      CO:
      $12.42
      BU:
      $12.31
      SB:
      $12.50
      BB (Hero):
      $12.70

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, Q.
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.15, BU calls $0.15, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.15, MP2 folds, CO calls $1.00, BU calls $1.00.

Flop: ($3.52) 5, 8, 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.85, CO raises to $3.70, BU calls $3.70, Hero raises to $11.55, CO calls $7.57, BU calls $7.46(All-In).

Turn: ($37.5) 3 (3 players)

River: ($37.5) 4 (3 players)

Final Pot: $37.5.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).
      CO shows a pair of tens(T T).
      BU shows a pair of fives(5 J).

Hero wins with a pair of queens(Q Q).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gezep,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Even the raise size is a bit too big here, I'd do it ~$0,75. But of course it ain't a mistake. If you consider them Calling anyways then shouldn't be a mistake to raise it even bigger. Rather bigger than smaller.
      Postflop: Actually true that it rather should be Bet/Fold than go broke, ~$2. The reason is that they have a lot of smaller PPs in their range as well. It's multiway pot and it's very likely that they have a set. BU could easily even trap you not just a FD. And myself I would avoid such a spot and give up the hand.

Best regards.