Advice please

• 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Hey folks,always log onto this site but never post.Last year was a good year for me but this year has been the complete opposite.Some say downswings are part of bad play but i have being taking note of my plays and am not too sure.Premium starting hands have killed me to the point where im thinking of folding them st8 away and yes that includes Kings.When i look back over my play they are the main reason my bankroll is dwindling.

In the last 6 months i have lost 87% of my hands all in with kings.Jacks i dont even have to explain,i have stopped playing them full stop.Aces under 40%.Is this actually variance or am i just ridicuously unlucky.As i said not here to moan but really need some help otherwise i will go crazy.How can premium starting hands be killing me so much??
  • 4 replies
    • hunters13
      hunters13
      Bronze
      Think you may need to give some further information on how you play these big hands ie when you get K's are you limping in or raising aggressively.

You may just be falling into the trap of thinking k's or aces are so big that your letting to many people into the pot with you, greatly increasing the chances of someone else improving past you.
    • jass1960
      jass1960
      Bronze
      and over what sample?

40% over 10 hands of AA is variance.

40% over 500 hands of AA is still variance but on the unlucky side.
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jass1960
      and over what sample?

40% over 10 hands of AA is variance.

40% over 500 hands of AA is still variance but on the unlucky side.
      This.

And if you have around 200k hands,you can post a graph and some stats plus some hands in the section of your respective game variant,i'm sure there are alot of excellent coaches and they can give a great feedback.

Hope your luck will soon turn around.
    • 1984ioc
      1984ioc
      Bronze
      Thanks for replies.I am playing these hands very agressively and with Ks or Aces i have no problem going all in pre - flop.I dont have charts as i usually just take note of things myself though i now know i need to change this.What program do i need to track my play.As for amount of hands,well about 20,000 i reckon this year if not more.

Also i seemed to have more success at higher levels and i think this is because at the level i am playing now (.10/.20) people just call raises with mediocre hands compared to higher levels due to it being cheaper.Do ye reckon that the skill/luck ratio decreases the lower you play.I am not playing higher at the moment because of financial reasons but thinking of not playing for a while to build up roll so i can avoid the numerous fishes at the lower levels.This might sound a weird thing but i prefer not playing at tables where 3 players play 80% of all pots.

What do ye also think about if i look back over my history and i see that playing jacks has cost me a fortune overall (not all in with it,flop and after) does it actually make sense not to play them anymore or is this just me being ludicrous.