Known players:      
      UTG1:
      $7.87
      Hero:
      $9.04
      CO:
      $1.69

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      UTG1 calls $0.02, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, CO calls $0.10, 3 folds, UTG1 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.33) 8:diamond: , 7:heart: , 5:spade: (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $0.2, CO calls $0.20, UTG1 folds.

Turn: ($0.73) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.4, CO raises to $1.39 (All-In), Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $1.53

Was I being way too cautious here? Without knowing anything about this guy it seemed like he was slowplaying a set or something. Was getting 1:1.53 odds on the call as well. Should I have just bit the bullet and called, or folded?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BreadWarden,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I do like your play actually and I wouldn't change much there. We most likely are beaten unless he opponent is spewing away his money. 2pair combos possible and sets and etc type of hands. I am as well Bet/Folding the turn, nice hand!

Best regards.