NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($15.34)
      Hero ($13.11)
      UTG+1 ($9.37)
      CO ($2.69)
      BTN ($7.86)

Dealt to Hero K:club: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $1.15, fold, Hero calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.40) T:club: J:heart: 9:heart:

SB bets $1.50, Hero folds

SB wins $2.24

15/15/ 38hands

PRE: I Like vs unk calling my AK IP

F: this is bad flop and very hard play good vs his c-bet becosue if i am him i never c-bet here no hand but i know player this stakes think differend. So he easy can c-bet and c/f turn but i think this is too expesive play for me w/AK i can HIT a lot better flops and c/f here i think is best play

but when i look equilator this is eeasy call for me

Board: J:heart: 9:heart: T:club:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    39.96%  30.89%   9.07% { AhKc }
      MP3    60.04%  50.97%   9.07% { TT+, AJs+, KJs+, AJo+ }

What do you think?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello deivid2,

Preflop: Against a nit I am not really huge fan of Calling. Of course we don't have a lot of hands but hard to play the hand then profitable either. :) We wont hit often enough and even if we do then we very likely wont get paid.

As played
      Postflop: The problem is that I don't think that he 3bets that wide, unless you really have any other proofs. Why should he 3bet against UTG range from SB being OOP with so wide range? For example:

Board: T:club: J:heart: 9:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    71.81%  60.89%  10.92% { TT+, AdKd, AsKs, AdKs, AdKc, AsKd, AcKd }
      UTG+1  28.19%  17.27%  10.92% { AhKc }

This would be something similar to my prediction. So therefore it's rather a fold. But now again what kind of flops are we planning to float? If we Call preflop and hope to hit we will never play such hands profitable, we have to take stabs or either float. And actually those kind of boards might be one of the boards we might consider floating if we do consider him doing the 3bet wide. Since we have backdoors, we have GS+overcards, and most likely he is going to Check/Fold the turn if he doesn't have a hand. So back to the preflop play, that's why I'd rather fold the hand preflop.

Best regards.