This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 2nl, fr, ak

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hello veriz. i think i have a fair few hands i'd like you to evaluate please. first of all is this one:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.04
      MP1:
      $1.2
      BU:
      $3.12

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:spade: , K:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.10, 3 folds, BU calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.22) 8:spade: , 6:club: , 3:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.7, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.22

since i made a substantial p/f raise i didn't expect for both MP1 and BU to call.. so i found myself in a 3-way pot where i wasn't sure if i should have just given up on the hand or if i should have c-bet. check calling i didnt think was an option since i made the preflop raise. i thought the only real hands that would call here are 888, 666, 333 and AA - 99. since i had the initiative if i made a c-bet into this dry board i could make all worse hands fold which seemed to work, but is this +EV?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DrDunne,

On such a board and being against rather looser opponents I'd be inclined to Check/Fold the hand. There ain't worse hands anyways which Call us and most likely they ain't gonna fold their pairs/PPs here.

Best regards.