This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 33, set on turn, fold?

• jdnismo
      jdnismo
      Bronze
      IPoker Network $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 1377138

SB: $2.00
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $2.17
      Hero (UTG+1): $1.99
      UTG+2: $2.85
      MP1: $0.93
      MP2: $5.00
      CO: $1.08
      BTN: $0.97

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG+1 with 3 :club: 3 :heart:
      1 fold, Hero calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.07) 5 :club: 7 :heart: 4 :club: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, MP1 folds

Turn: ($0.17) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.11, Hero raises to $0.28, BB raises to $0.84, Hero calls $0.56

River: ($1.85) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.23, Hero calls $1.08 all in

So I decide to open limp this because I'd been raising small pairs UTG and wanted to balance it a bit.

BB is a TAG, 14/13, high AF. So when he bets the flop I'm putting him on a 6, a FD or any 7. Is it ok to call here since I'm ahead of his draws + I have a gutshot?

The turn is when I play like a fish. I don't think he's betting with a 7 still on such a wet board, and I don't think he's continuing with a FD either, and since the 6 got there, I'm stuck on what to do. I thought that raising allowed me to define his hand a bit more, and when he re-raises, I think I should've folded right? The only thing that's raising me here is a 6, a higher set, or a bluff, and his line doesn't look like a bluff at all really. But all that was going through my mind was "you have a set at NL2. Get it in." :f_p:

But i figured I'd just call and see if he checks to me on the river. Now with the full house I'm never folding, so it's an easy call.

So I think I should've folded, but there are so many fish at NL2 that is it really ok to fold a big hand like this?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jdnismo,

Flop: I don't like the Call here for the reason that even if a 6 or 3 comes you will never know where you stand. You can basically be already far-far behind vs higher straight or whatsoever. Therefore, it's a fold.

As played
      Turn: Don't really like the raise just for the given reason above I gave, a 3 could easily complete their straight with 6x. Rather just Call and reevaluate it on further streets.

As played
      River: Nothing much to add.

Best regards.