Hero (UTG+1): $1.99
      UTG+2: $2.85
      MP1: $0.93
      MP2: $5.00
      CO: $1.08
      BTN: $0.97

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG+1 with 3 :club: 3 :heart:
      1 fold, Hero calls $0.02, 1 fold, MP1 calls $0.02, 4 folds, BB checks

Flop: ($0.07) 5 :club: 7 :heart: 4 :club: (3 players)
      BB bets $0.05, Hero calls $0.05, MP1 folds

Turn: ($0.17) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.11, Hero raises to $0.28, BB raises to $0.84, Hero calls $0.56

River: ($1.85) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.23, Hero calls $1.08 all in

So I decide to open limp this because I'd been raising small pairs UTG and wanted to balance it a bit.

BB is a TAG, 14/13, high AF. So when he bets the flop I'm putting him on a 6, a FD or any 7. Is it ok to call here since I'm ahead of his draws + I have a gutshot?

The turn is when I play like a fish. I don't think he's betting with a 7 still on such a wet board, and I don't think he's continuing with a FD either, and since the 6 got there, I'm stuck on what to do. I thought that raising allowed me to define his hand a bit more, and when he re-raises, I think I should've folded right? The only thing that's raising me here is a 6, a higher set, or a bluff, and his line doesn't look like a bluff at all really. But all that was going through my mind was "you have a set at NL2. Get it in." :f_p:

But i figured I'd just call and see if he checks to me on the river. Now with the full house I'm never folding, so it's an easy call.

So I think I should've folded, but there are so many fish at NL2 that is it really ok to fold a big hand like this?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jdnismo,

Flop: I don't like the Call here for the reason that even if a 6 or 3 comes you will never know where you stand. You can basically be already far-far behind vs higher straight or whatsoever. Therefore, it's a fold.

As played
      Turn: Don't really like the raise just for the given reason above I gave, a 3 could easily complete their straight with 6x. Rather just Call and reevaluate it on further streets.

As played
      River: Nothing much to add.

Best regards.